Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

Sarertnoc Kram

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2012
Las Vegas
At petsmart I was denied goldfish because I owned an oscar.

I avoid my LFS because they are crazy. Before they changed ownership they were only expensive, but now I can't get along with anybody. The only thing I'd buy there is a betta because they, hands down, beat every store I've ever seen.

Because of both stores having their quirks I toyed with the idea of starting a pet store but I don't think I could put up with the customers of this thread for very long.
I've read posts on here from LFS owners saying never turn your hobby into a living as it ruins it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

AConrad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2011
Florida
Me: can I help you find anything today?

Customer: (sifting through declorinators) no thank you, I'm looking for stuff to remove chlorine from tap water.

Me: what kind of tank do you have?

Customer: what? (gives me the Wtf look)

Me: is your tank freshwater or saltwater?

Customer: neither, its a tapwater tank

Me: if your not adding any salt, then its a freshwater tank

Customer: oh, ok (grabs random dechlorinator and leaves)

Lol, some people!

home of Fugly the Oscar (ACA)

I dont understand why you would need to ask if it was fresh or salt... The answer is prime either way...

Fish_Man_Dan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
fort lauderdale, FL
I dont understand why you would need to ask if it was fresh or salt... The answer is prime either way...
I know, but it helps lead in to other questions and opportunities to teach them something. But they walked away so it didn't go anywhere, lol

home of Fugly the Oscar (ACA)

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I once had a lady at petland tell me the endlers were part of the tetra family. I was asking if they new if they were pure endlers and she said what do you mean and I replied with "well they can breed with guppies and this messes up the gene pool. And she said " oh. Nononono. They shouldnt be able to breed with guppies because they are in the terra family. "

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

marauders30

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
san diego
ive been away from this site for over a year now but its cool to see this thread is still going. this happened yesterday at petsmart, not so much a knock on petsmart as i have done that on this thread too, but on the customer...

customer: i would like a nemo
employee: sure, let me get him for you
cust: i can keep him in this bowl right?
em: no, you need to have the right system (then goes through everything needed)
cust: (pointing at betas) well these guys live in cups, so im pretty sure its ok. i just need to mix salt

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
ive been away from this site for over a year now but its cool to see this thread is still going. this happened yesterday at petsmart, not so much a knock on petsmart as i have done that on this thread too, but on the customer...

customer: i would like a nemo
employee: sure, let me get him for you
cust: i can keep him in this bowl right?
em: no, you need to have the right system (then goes through everything needed)
cust: (pointing at betas) well these guys live in cups, so im pretty sure its ok. i just need to mix salt
petsmart sells SW?

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
heres my story, okay, i live near a petsmart that is pretty good, there tanks are clean and the staf seems to know what they are doing. Then one day I walk in and there was a flowerorns with a huge belly, i thougght that it was bloat for shure. They let my have it for free beacause of that. Then i found out it just had constipation, it is recovering in a 10 gallon rioght know. It will be going into my 48x24x24 120 gallon soon...

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
okay, you know how you guys HATE petcos and petsmarts, well the ones around me are pretty good, the guy at my local petco it knolagable, asked my tank size and made shore my fish were going in good homes. there is a sick GT there but it is probibly from seagrass farms beacause there tanks are clean and i have seen the peaople there clean the tanks a lot... all my local chains i have been to are decnt or exalent... i am thankful of this beacause there are no good LFSs that are close to me...

jordanhunt

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2012
wisbech united kingdom
okay, you know how you guys HATE petcos and petsmarts, well the ones around me are pretty good, the guy at my local petco it knolagable, asked my tank size and made shore my fish were going in good homes. there is a sick GT there but it is probibly from seagrass farms beacause there tanks are clean and i have seen the peaople there clean the tanks a lot... all my local chains i have been to are decnt or exalent... i am thankful of this beacause there are no good LFSs that are close to me...
And Walmart, don't forget Walmart with their deformed fish and stupid employees

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store