First time buyer from aquascape

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
Plus I would not mind seeing your water perameters. also in my opinion you should be doing 25 percent changes daily. 10 percent is a waste of time
I just checked my levels so if someone could tell me what would be ideal for this kind of fish it would be great.
Ph 7.2
Nitrate 4.0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0

Thanks

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
Brock11 Brock11 Any updates on this fish?
It's doing better. It has been eating young convicts that I've breed and it has been eating in front of me when I put them in. I've been trying to leave it alone so I've only to turned the lights on to check on him. The wound at the base of the tail is healing and the white around it is shrinking. The tail still doesn't look great but it is not getting any worse. I haven't seen any signs of regrowth. Thanks

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
I'd also like to say that I wasn't trying to rush the fish exactly. I was just told it was coming a certain day and when it didn't I wanted to know when and why it would be shipped. If at any point they would have said that they just needed to hold it to make sure it was healthy or hadn't eaten recently I would have been more than happy to wait.

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
Oh and just for the heck of it. I purchased some gravel from pet smart a long time ago and when I was cleaning the gravel today I saw a shimmer of blue and the gravel is a natural color. So I stuck my fingers in to dig it out and I felt something sharp. So I pulled it out and it was a little bundle of blue rocks and..... Glass. Lol I know this doesn't belong here but I just wanted to throw it out there

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
I'd like to close this thread down and I'll give an update when the fish is better. I would like to thank everyone who was helped me. This fish means a lot and I will do anything to see it thrive. I've missed work, meetings, appointments,and even an exam because I was so fearful of something going wrong. ( I know I'm weird ). Thanks for everyone's input good or bad and I'm going to forget any of this even happened. Well I won't forget the many different lessons I've learned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store