First time buyer from aquascape

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
You're a little late man, I already went over the fasting the fish before shipping topic. I usually try to call ahead to make sure they fast my fish before they ship. I also stated that its unfortunate that customers would rather rush their fish rather then wait a few days to have it fasted to avoid burns. Anyway, how many of the dozens you had shipped were piranha and what size?
You shouldn't have to ask to have your fish purged as its standard operating procedure for virtually all shippers.

Reactions: predatorkeeper87

lightsout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Amazon
You shouldn't have to ask to have your fish purged as its standard operating procedure for virtually all shippers.
Piranhas aside. Ive had other species of fish shipped to me from different vendors the next day after I ordered. So no not all vendors follow that operating procedure.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Im sure you have a ton actual shipping experience, so I'll take your word for it.
L lightsout

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Actually piranha are a special case. They are an aggressive species with sharp a*ss teeth that takes special packaging requirements. Comparing a pleco to a piranha isnt a good comparison at all for more than one reason. For one piranha are usually tranquilized in a special liquid that usually puts them to sleep which in turn stimulates them to the point that it makes them release a lot more poo and piss. Hey that equals more of a chance of an ammo burn. Im not saying itll happen every time but its not unusual to see it happen. I want to point out that size of the fish matters as well.

When you have a dozen piranha shipped to you let me know.
haha ok man, you do you.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Piranhas aside. Ive had other species of fish shipped to me from different vendors the next day after I ordered. So no not all vendors follow that operating procedure.
then thats when you get a fish with excess waste in the bag. Most places I order from ship specific days, giving them enough time to prepare the fish in question for shipping. If your place ships them next day, thats on YOU at that point to realize hey my fish keep coming in toasted from ammonia in the water.

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
I'd like to ask a serious question to the mods and staff and everyone else who runs this website. Will monster fish ever go to bat for its members will they stand beside us and help deliver the message that enough is enough? Or is there money to lose? HarleyK HarleyK SandNukka15 SandNukka15 jp80911 jp80911 ? Not trying to be trouble but just curious how you guys feel. After all you see and hear everything. Thanks guys
Haha no they won't I can tell you that

lightsout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Amazon
then thats when you get a fish with excess waste in the bag. Most places I order from ship specific days, giving them enough time to prepare the fish in question for shipping. If your place ships them next day, thats on YOU at that point to realize hey my fish keep coming in toasted from ammonia in the water.
Exactly. Now you get my point lol. Luckily the other species of fish that shipped out next day had no burns.

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Yeah. All of the whining and this is bull sure was interesting. If it was sick when it was shipped it shouldn't have been shipped but when it gets worse in your tank AquaScape AquaScape has nothing to do with it.
I agree with this 100 percent. When you buy wild caught fish with little to no qt time you are taking your chances.I bought a wc flower ray and it lasted 2 pain staking months. Few scratches on her but nothing un expected to me at least. You have to prepare for this to happen every once in a while regardless if the fish cost 10 dollars or 1000 dollars. Should he have been straight out with you yes. Should you get a refund after accepting, not in my opinion

Reactions: lightsout

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Personally my question would not have been "why is my fish not shipped yet" it would have been "is there an issue with the fish, is it healthy and tell send me pictures or video if there is an issue" you rush them to get your fish and complain when it's not in perfect condition. I don't get people now adays

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store