Game pellets

wcgunns

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
DFW, Texas
I have and my fish ate them just fine. They are real good for adding to homemade fish food. The only downside is they come in a large bag and I suggest you keeping it in your freezer or bugs will get in it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Would it be a good base for their diet
I recall a discussion on it here from a few years ago and someone suggested that while tropicals will eat trout pellets and such the nutrition breakdown is different.

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
I recall a discussion on it here from a few years ago and someone suggested that while tropicals will eat trout pellets and such the nutrition breakdown is different.
I have read online about "normal" aquarium fish eating game pellets and what not, but I haven't found anything about natives besides ponds, but they never really said anything about using it as a base for their diet, since most people who have ponds stock them correctly with baitfish for the larger fish to eat. It's my understanding that these game fish foods are to get them to trophy sizes faster than normal, I'm curious as to why I haven't seen or heard of people using these pellets as a staple for their aquarium natives such as bluegill/sunfish and bass of any kind.

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
Purina makes a high quality fish food
Purina huh? I will go check that out right now... And I just witnessed my bass have a feeding frenzy... He must of just got comfortable enough to eat, except he ate all of my minnows and the two very small bullheads I just caught this morning..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store