Giving it Another Go

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Always quarantine new bass. They are prone to ich. 88 degrees with plenty of air and salt. Should help in 1-2 weeks 😎

And one of the fish must have had ich. I didn't have the temperature high enough. Been having a rash of heaters going bad lately. Bumping the temp to 87, maybe a little more, hoping that and salt will take care of it.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
I probably didn't raise the temperature quickly enough. There were only a few other fish in the tank. Should have moved them out, but I am down a tank as one of mine cracked. Didn't want to miss out on the intermedia, but that ended up biting me.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Cool, thanks. I usually run pbass tanks at 87 anyway, not sure why I didn't right away.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
The one orino survived 🥳 and I don't see any ick anymore. Going to give it another week until I get any other fish.

Reactions: jimmie1974

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Ich was gone for over a week, so I added more intermedia (and a few other fish) and it came back. Did move them to a different tank, too Still haven't learned my lesson to quarantine, I guess. I never got ich before having the temp set to 87+. Only the p-bass are showing visible signs, but it finally seems to be subsiding. I have treated with kanaplex and flubendazole twice each.

• Sad
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Smaller cichla are super prone and sensitive to getting ich. That's the only down fall to having smaller cichla.

Reactions: pwmin

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Yep, the only time I ever had to deal with ich was when I bought some smaller cichla, about the size you’re getting, and they came with it. Fortunately, I had them all in a 29 gal qt tank and was able to bump the temp up and add salt pretty quickly. They all survived and were growing well when my bichir decided to eat on of them. He was about 7” and the cichla were about 4” so I had no idea I had to worry about that. The bichir was in the grow out tank too.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
One of the intermedia looked really bad last night and was dead this morning. Hope the rest pull through. I'm itching to move some fish around, but I need to get this under control before I do. They have some larger intermedia, but I'm going to have to set up another quarantine tank. I might have finally learned my lesson.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store