Gold Wolf Pack

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lovely tank decor. May I know the dimensions of it? The tank height looks perfect for putting in the hands to work on the scape.

Reactions: QuDodger

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
You're making me jealous now.. Nice set up, let's see the little curu. And the brycron looks nice. The whole set up does! That Oscar looks roughed up though... And let's see a feeding video if you can
Thanks a lot man. And here is that little curu I got. The Oscar was actually torn up by by a true parrot cichlid in my grow out tank. They got in a big fight one day before work and I came home to this. I moved him over and he is actually doing better with the big boys.

20160418_213052.jpg

20160418_213039.jpg

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Lovely tank decor. May I know the dimensions of it? The tank height looks perfect for putting in the hands to work on the scape.
Thanks man. It's actually just a standard 180gal. 6ft by 2ft by 2ft but yeah its a perfect height.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Man he's small, gotta be like 4"? I wish I coulda got mine at that size, would've saved a lot of lives lol, got mine at 8" and he grew quick and ate a lot of tankmates. Glad to hear the Oscar is doing better in the bigger tank. I advise putting the curu in a little smaller than the other wolves so they can hopefully establish a pecking order in their favor, as you may have read, curus seem to be the most problematic with same species and other wolves. But I wish the best of luck to you, I think it's doable. I had mine with a mala for awhile till the mala broke his jaw on decor I believe, and then jumped from the hospital tank while I was at school and perished after two days being back in the hospital tank. Your tank is slightly larger by 2 ft which may also help and you have more fish to disperse aggression. It was pretty much only him the curu and odoe, and three bichirs (7-9") which were completely ignored by everyone. I look forward to updates on everything. Good work with the Aquascape as usual, maybe I'll be that good one day if I venture into plants lol.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Sorry for the delay in updates. I had a huge set back with my hobby and then I got distracted with me new Tegu but now I'm back in it. Well it's been months since I started this project and I'm happy to say that I still have the full school of five. In fact I'm looking for more golds at add. Recently I've been tossing around the idea of scraping the only south american fish theme I've had so that I can get some bichirs, datnoids, or perhaps some african pike. What do you guys think? Sorry the pictures aren't the best I'm trying out a new subdued lighting.

20160812_021214.jpg

20160812_021119.jpg

20160812_021118.jpg

20160805_133159.jpg

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Glad that you are keeping the pack. :)

They are flourishing under your care so please don't break up the comm. Some of us are eagerly waiting for their updates every now and then.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I couldn't stick to one continent of fish personally lol. I'd say get some bichirs and, maybe a African pike, I'd like to know your experience if you do, cause I'm still waitin for the right opportunity to get a gold wolf lol, and my African pike is the only one who swims around much, the black comes out at night mostly he only cruises around the bottom during the day. They look good and glad to have you back lol nice tegu as well, I had one when I was younger probably grew it to 2' and then sent it to someone we know who was real into reptiles. A school of odoes and golds would be cool though I don't think they'd school together.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
I got a rare shot of one of my bristlenose plecos after redecorating and bringing back my regular light. It still amazes me that he can be so small and the other fish completey in ignore him.

Glad that you are keeping the pack. :)

They are flourishing under your care so please don't break up the comm. Some of us are eagerly waiting for their updates every now and then.
Thank you for your kind words. I'll keep updating this thread to show that it is possible to school golds just takes the right set up and decor.

I couldn't stick to one continent of fish personally lol. I'd say get some bichirs and, maybe a African pike, I'd like to know your experience if you do, cause I'm still waitin for the right opportunity to get a gold wolf lol, and my African pike is the only one who swims around much, the black comes out at night mostly he only cruises around the bottom during the day. They look good and glad to have you back lol nice tegu as well, I had one when I was younger probably grew it to 2' and then sent it to someone we know who was real into reptiles. A school of odoes and golds would be cool though I don't think they'd school together.
Yeah I think a school of odors would be really cool, but I worry that the high activity of my golds would stress them out. I'm trying to nail down a trio of some smaller fish to complete my tank. Something high energy that swims mid level. It doesn't have to be a predator just something to catch the eye and school around the golds. Know of anything that maxes out at about 6" that could hold its own with Oscars?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store