Gold Wolf Pack

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
How are the they doing? Mine should be here today. Curious as to what growth you experienced as mines going to need to grow atleast 3 or maybe 4 inches before going with the curu. .5" a month accurate?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Well I got home and it's a sp Peru. Quite disappointed. Not sure how to go about it either. Feel I payed to much for it to be content.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Well I got home and it's a sp Peru. Quite disappointed. Not sure how to go about it either. Feel I payed to much for it to be content.
Did u pay the u credit card or Paypal?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Did u pay the u credit card or Paypal?
Paypal. I talked to the seller. It was a misidentification by the importer, he had smaller sizes as well and those weren't golds either, they actually looked like ery sp tahuayo, would've much rathered that. I mean I planned on getting and ery of some kind eventually, but not till after I grew a gold out. Cause if I get one now I'll have to set a separate tank up if it isn't big enough to go in the 120 other wise they'll likely fight.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Dang that's a huge bummer. I know I would be upset to get a purple instead of a gold. I've had both now and much prefer the golds. Good luck on the hunt for gold.

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Update?

Might have a second go at a gold, weighing out the risk right now. My black isn't very accepting of new comers lol

Reactions: QuDodger

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Update?

Might have a second go at a gold, weighing out the risk right now. My black isn't very accepting of new comers lol
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had a set back a couple weeks ago. I woke up and found one of my golds dead with no obvious signs of distress other then a large gash on his nose. I tested my water and it was all fine. My best guess is he got spooked in the night and jumped so violently he killed himself on the glass top. The golds have been known to jump but this is my first death. Jeff over at TUC should be getting some in come Monday and I think I might get a few of his if they turn out to be the same varient as mine.

My black wolf still is tolerant of all the tankmates. My tank bosses are the Oscar pair (whom I really only keep to keep the piece and will trade out for a pair of hoplarchus psittacus if I can find a pair for a good price). Brycon dentex seems to be the low man on the totem pole which is strange because I only seem to read about there aggression.

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had a set back a couple weeks ago. I woke up and found one of my golds dead with no obvious signs of distress other then a large gash on his nose. I tested my water and it was all fine. My best guess is he got spooked in the night and jumped so violently he killed himself on the glass top. The golds have been known to jump but this is my first death. Jeff over at TUC should be getting some in come Monday and I think I might get a few of his if they turn out to be the same varient as mine.

My black wolf still is tolerant of all the tankmates. My tank bosses are the Oscar pair (whom I really only keep to keep the piece and will trade out for a pair of hoplarchus psittacus if I can find a pair for a good price). Brycon dentex seems to be the low man on the totem pole which is strange because I only seem to read about there aggression.
I was gonna say sounds like he jumped before I got to your conclusion... sorry for the loss, that really sucks. And sounds good, you know what size they should be? Maybe it may be better suited, that's definitly a shorter trip for me than wes which would be safer. My issues is my curupira is 13" atleast now, the gold I could get from wes would be 8", I have a sun cat in there that's approximately 9-10" but thick, don't know how thick the gold will be and if he can take a bite to learn to stay clear of the curu, I put a 7-8" ball shark in and the curu nipped at his head, caught him in the gill and it was lights out. Don't want that to happen to the gold. If I could get a gold to 10" quick that'd be ideal. I'd worry much less of adding it.

Jeff give you any other info on the golds? Other than he's getting them lol.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
I was gonna say sounds like he jumped before I got to your conclusion... sorry for the loss, that really sucks. And sounds good, you know what size they should be? Maybe it may be better suited, that's definitly a shorter trip for me than wes which would be safer. My issues is my curupira is 13" atleast now, the gold I could get from wes would be 8", I have a sun cat in there that's approximately 9-10" but thick, don't know how thick the gold will be and if he can take a bite to learn to stay clear of the curu, I put a 7-8" ball shark in and the curu nipped at his head, caught him in the gill and it was lights out. Don't want that to happen to the gold. If I could get a gold to 10" quick that'd be ideal. I'd worry much less of adding it.

Jeff give you any other info on the golds? Other than he's getting them lol.

All Jeff told me was that they are going to be from Peru and that he will post more info when they come in,

Your curu sounds like the typical curu that I read about. I think mine will change once he gets a bit more meat on him, but for now I am enjoying his peaceful demeanor.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
All Jeff told me was that they are going to be from Peru and that he will post more info when they come in,

Your curu sounds like the typical curu that I read about. I think mine will change once he gets a bit more meat on him, but for now I am enjoying his peaceful demeanor.
I emailed him he said around 6" based off of the packaging. And I wish I had a jag that I once had, I had a similar sized wolf he'd keep in his place, I think he'd be able to do it to this one, but I'm not 100% sure. Most wolves aren't accepting to new comers ime. As for yours, I'd say by 8" it should have its personality.

Reactions: QuDodger
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store