Got My New Tank!

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Man, that’s what I was originally going to do….then I read so much stuff about the blasting sand containing pieces that were “possibly” harmful for fish. As in sharp pieces that could hurt their gills, etc.

Americancichlidsaredabest

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
Man, that’s what I was originally going to do….then I read so much stuff about the blasting sand containing pieces that were “possibly” harmful for fish. As in sharp pieces that could hurt their gills, etc.
I think I’ve heard that as well however I’ve personally never had any issues with it. Had it for around 7 months now and my fish seem to love it.

Reactions: Kustrud

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Anything specific that a Tractor Supply would carry ya’ll know is safe??

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Got it! I’ll do it this week!

Fish update, so far everyone is getting along. The only thing is the little Green Terror is living up to his name and any time the big JD gets near him/her he flares his gills and fins up and challenges him even though he’s 3-4x his size 😂😂. They’ve locked mouths a couple times but it seems to have calmed down. It’s a feisty little thing! IMG_1482.jpeg

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Ordered another hose and going to put the output on opposite side of tank, that just makes more sense to me pushing waste towards intake. Should be done after that and adding some black sand!

Also added some fine filter mesh to the bottom of the FX4. Almost can’t tell there’s water in the tank tonight! 👍👍

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Alright, added 40 lbs of Black Diamond sand I found at Pets Mart! It’s nice, large grain so sinks quickly like the PFS. Water is a mess now so can’t wait for that to clear up but the fish instantly turned their colors on! They really darkened up! Can’t wait to see them when it clears and they’ve calmed down! Love the dark substrate! Figured I’ll just let them mix it up and I can either add more or eventually go all black if needed.IMG_1494.jpegIMG_1495.jpegIMG_1496.jpegIMG_1497.jpegIMG_1498.jpegIMG_1499.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store