Green Terror in 55-Gallon

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Today the white stuff was on my Oscar, unfortunately, I'm not at home, and I can't take pictures, but I will send pics when I get home.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
So, would salt be safe for my fish while I'm gone? I don't want to lose all my stock due to another stupid mistake of mine.

Last edited:

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I've also been thinking about something else. I think I will leave the forum for a little while. I will return probably in January or late December. I need a break to focus on things outside of fishkeeping.

When I return, I will update y'all on my decisions with my tank. I promise I will have a tank I'm happy with and the fish will be appropriate.

I will watch the discussions as a passive observer on occasion, but I won't comment any further until late December or early January.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
For ich, at least, treatment is over 10 days so technically in the time it takes to go away and back they’d be safe (though I wouldn’t generally advise treatment while you’re not there to monitor).
Part of that looks like injury - is it possible something is attacking them? The Oscar maybe?
As for the coloration that I’ve seen you’re worried about, that just looks like adult coloration to me imo, but I don’t know this species too well.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
For ich, at least, treatment is over 10 days so technically in the time it takes to go away and back they’d be safe (though I wouldn’t generally advise treatment while you’re not there to monitor).
Part of that looks like injury - is it possible something is attacking them? The Oscar maybe?
As for the coloration that I’ve seen you’re worried about, that just looks like adult coloration to me imo, but I don’t know this species too well.
I will stay home, other things arose. I got some ick, fungus and salt meds. Thank you for the advice. The Oscar has been picking on them, but not seriously. I have put some ick meds in the tank.

Reactions: Deadeye

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Also, before I leave temporarily, I want to thank everyone who has helped me on this forum! I have learned much from y'all that I would never have known otherwise. So thank you for your advice!

See you in a little while! :D

Reactions: Deadeye

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I know I'm a hypocrite right now, but I'm cutting the break short. I have too many things related to the tank that I'm unsure about and need help with.

I've been medicating my tank with Ick meds and Fungicide (or whatever you call it, lol). I have seen some improvement, especially with the Oscar. Unfortunately, though, my Raph also has it. So right now, I have 4 out of 7 fish infected.

Here is my main question: What should I do if the worst happens (all my fish die due to this mini pandemic)? I want to continue if the worst happens, that's for sure. So, the other question I have is what stock I should go with if I start from scratch. I'm hoping this won't happen, but I want to be prepared if it does.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I know I'm a hypocrite right now, but I'm cutting the break short. I have too many things related to the tank that I'm unsure about and need help with.

I've been medicating my tank with Ick meds and Fungicide (or whatever you call it, lol). I have seen some improvement, especially with the Oscar. Unfortunately, though, my Raph also has it. So right now, I have 4 out of 7 fish infected.

Here is my main question: What should I do if the worst happens (all my fish die due to this mini pandemic)? I want to continue if the worst happens, that's for sure. So, the other question I have is what stock I should go with if I start from scratch. I'm hoping this won't happen, but I want to be prepared if it does.
There’s no need to take a break; checking in with a forum a few minutes a day wouldn’t change anything 😂

I’m still quite unsure of what your fish have, more pictures would be great. The picture of your leaf fish look like a few scales dropping, that’s all. Could you send more pics of your diseased fish? You might be treating your tank wrongly if the wrong medications if you do not know what the sickness is, and instead may be making the situation worse with the wrong meds

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
There’s no need to take a break; checking in with a forum a few minutes a day wouldn’t change anything 😂

I’m still quite unsure of what your fish have, more pictures would be great. The picture of your leaf fish look like a few scales dropping, that’s all. Could you send more pics of your diseased fish? You might be treating your tank wrongly if the wrong medications if you do not know what the sickness is, and instead may be making the situation worse with the wrong meds
Its not something simple as scales falling off as it has now spread to two other fish from the bushfish. It is either ick or a fungus. I will post some updated pics in a minute.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store