How many geophagus in 220g L72"xW24"xH28

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
I think they were 8quid each.they were about 2 to 3 inches long.
Everywhere I read it says they are aggressive. Have you kept these yourself as u think they won't eat my Corys. Maybe people got the wrong picture about these fish?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I had three once a few years ago and I had no trouble from them,they were quite docile most of the time.
They just hang around the surface moving slowly until feeding time then they soon come alive.
I have read reports of people saying they become nasty with each other but this was not my experience of them.
I would not be concerned over them preying on your corydoras, your geos are more likely to do that.
Word of warning, cichlids can die trying to eat corydoras, I would change them for Brochis if you can. They are a lot bigger and a safer bet.

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
I only got them as I read a few times people saying they go well together.i feel like I'm taking 1 step forward 2 steps backwards

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
They may be OK geos are not predators but when fully grown they are not small either and may be tempted.
Lots of people keep them together without issue.
But I have known them eat them too.Brochis are just a safer option as a Cory stuck in your favourite geos throat could result in a nasty end for the fish.

Barleysoda

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
West Sacramento
I had a 3" baby Dovii male, he was superb and already showing amazing purples for how little he was. Then he ate one of my "Otto" catfish which is smiliar to a "Cory" when it comes to the spines. Its like someone sprung a trap on him. The Otto sprang all three spines and there was no way to remove it. I tried cutting up the Otto with scissors and eventually got it out but the little Dovii never recovered from the ordeal and was dead the next day.

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
So now I'm stuck with 20 cory's. I can put them in my 55 when my geo's get bigger 55 is overstocked at the minute though and was there any other fish that will stay at the top but more active than the pink tail

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store