How many geophagus in 220g L72"xW24"xH28

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Maybe someone else that keeps them will chime in.
I'm not really a barb fan but ones I have had in the past mainly spanner barbs have stayed low down in the tank.

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Yeah my Denison barbs are usually in the bottom half of the water column. Not the best choice for activity up top. Agree with pink tail chalceus for the top water fish.

lunsforj

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2009
corvallis, OR
What about the common hatchetfish (Gasteropelecus sternicla)? I believe they get around 3 inches and are very active. Plus they have a deep body that would make it difficult for even a full grown geo to swallow. Even if they did manage to catch one and get it in their mouth, the geo most likely wouldn't choke on it.

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
What about the common hatchetfish (Gasteropelecus sternicla)? I believe they get around 3 inches and are very active. Plus they have a deep body that would make it difficult for even a full grown geo to swallow. Even if they did manage to catch one and get it in their mouth, the geo most likely wouldn't choke on it.
There to much silver. If I add them. Everything is silver lol

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Stick with what you have. Once the altifrons are larger they will occupy the whole tank until they get spooked. I had mine with cories for 2 years until 1 adult chocked on one and died. It works for awhile until one day it doesnt

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
Stick with what you have. Once the altifrons are larger they will occupy the whole tank until they get spooked. I had mine with cories for 2 years until 1 adult chocked on one and died. It works for awhile until one day it doesnt
How many Geos did you have? How big was your tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store