Identify Red Bellied Pacu from a Red Bellied Piranha

Hollster

Banned
Feb 13, 2006
Sweden
Dude don't joke i mean pacu must be the ****ing *** of alll piranhas ,.,no harm i mean they look bad .,.and it is nott hard 2 id or c the difference from a red-belly and a pacu .,..,.,rock on get rid of em .,.,.

BadDogsPa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2006
Erie Pa.
Awesome pics..its all about the lower jaw structure..Oh ya and some big teeth

fishdude666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2006
australia
gold spangles are a dead give away.gaw and teeth are the next.

look close be for you buy.

rob page

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
nh
there both amazing fish i have 3 red belly piranhas of my own and they look just like my friends 2 red belly pacu the only ways i knew they were different is because pacu grow like 20 times faster than piranhas lol

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
"pacus can be as cheap as 8 bucks at petsmart um and they get to be over 30 inches"

i wish the woman at the damn store told me that, oh they get about 6 - 10 inchs. haha pfft, i learned READ READ READ b4 buying any fish 99% of the time ppl at petsmart know nothing. pacu are eating machines and they grow massive, should not be in the aqurium trade! i just sold mine to a man with a 75 gallon tank for 15$ i bought them for 12$. . . i am sure about 1.5 - 2 months he will be selling those fish or even donating them to a aquarium.

"there both amazing fish i have 3 red belly piranhas of my own and they look just like my friends 2 red belly pacu the only ways i knew they were different is because pacu grow like 20 times faster than piranhas lol"

i got rid of them buddy, i dont have them anymore, and the size isnt the only reason u knew! i showed u the lower jaw at the pet store when we went once, piranha jaws go out more and pacu dont.

_Sushi_

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
South East Michigan
Their eyes are somehow different too. I can't explain it.

Also, the Pacu's mouth looks like a chubby cheeked kid smiling....:DThat's how I can tell the difference!!

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
_Sushi_;1058351; said:
Their eyes are somehow different too. I can't explain it.

Also, the Pacu's mouth looks like a chubby cheeked kid smiling....:DThat's how I can tell the difference!!

:ROFL:

_Sushi_

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
South East Michigan
:D You know it's true!! It looks even funnier in person!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store