Jardini with a wolf?

warren126

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
Atlanta Ga,
rumblesushi I just purchase a rainbow wolf I have him in a tank with a paroon shark a Jag and a gold line knife do u think thats a good idea he is about 6' how big do the grow I have him in a 110 gallon tank hit me back twobdtmine@aol.com

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Rainbow wolves are smaller, apparently they usually only grow to about 8 inches.

And although they are not meant to be as aggressive as an adult hoplias, I think they are more aggressive than a similar sized hoplias.

If you only have 4 fish in your 110 with hiding places it might be oke, but I think the ery ery would be capable of killing those other fish without much problem unless they are much bigger.

How big are they?

A jag is pretty tough right? And a paroon shark is quite fast and also look quite tough.

If the ery ery decides to kill I'd imagine the knife would be the first to go.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
jardinis are relentless and they will be coming from above, an advantage.
when they bite, they start thrasing the fish around until a piece of flesh falls off.

Wolves stick mostly to the ground, they have bigger fangs and looks to be more powerful. If the wolf gets a lucky grab it could be a one bite fight.

Why risk killing those 2 awesome predators? I know i wouldnt take chances.

Ronin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Seattle
I would think that If the wolf got mad enough and actually attacked the jardini you would have to hope that the wold doesn't land a hit otherwise its over.

But if you really want a jardini I would keep it in another tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store