Just got myself a 240ltr tank and want cichlids

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
Lol I have a red fire eel in my 260.
Iv not kept Texas or acara. But my fire mouths are about 2" now and they don't bother anything not even my 1/2" Corys.
What plecs you want?
Also I hav a male and female fire mouth things can and I'll change if they span by that time though things should be able to protect there self

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
I think the lad who said get a ray thought u had 240 gallon insted of a 240 liter

Peter hallett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2016
Erm, no I'm not crazy, it won't need a tank that size for a VERY long time... So you'd buy a 700 litre tank and put a 3 inch Dovii in it right off, would you? If so, then I think you are crazy.
Have you seen the size dovii grow to you idiot, get off this thread you know nothing, amatuar

Peter hallett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2016
Iv not kept Texas or acara. But my fire mouths are about 2" now and they don't bother anything not even my 1/2" Corys.im getting a gold nugget and green phantom, acaras are same temperiment ish as fire mouths, so what you thinkcause im getting them friday, 2 plecs 2 fire mouth 2 texas most aggressive 2 acaras, its the sex im not sure about all opinions welcome
What plecs you want?
Also I hav a male and female fire mouth things can and I'll change if they span by that time though things should be able to protect there self

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
did you reply within the reply function?
also did you ever listen? keep 1 pair of cichlids in your tank unless you want to run into issues later on.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I would say even apart from potential aggression having 6 large fish in a 240 litre in its own is a problem due to overstocking.
Iv not kept Texas or acara. But my fire mouths are about 2" now and they don't bother anything not even my 1/2" Corys.
What plecs you want?
One member had a breeding pair of firemouths in a tank of 400 or more gallons and they continually seeked out and killed his young oscars so it can be touch and go with that. Apparently aggression is also related to temperature

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
38 inch for a dovii, what a tit that lad is
28" is the world record for a Dovii, in captivity it's likely to be more like 20-24" for a male, females considerably smaller. Where did you see 38"?

Jaguars can MAX at 21.5" (again world record), but 18" seems to be the max in captivity, with 11- 14" most common. You will not likely see a female over 11"

EDIT: Just realized a 240L is only about 65 gallons......yea, you might have a little too much for a 65g

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store