Just got myself a 240ltr tank and want cichlids

Peter hallett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2016
28" is the world record for a Dovii, in captivity it's likely to be more like 20-24" for a male, females considerably smaller. Where did you see 38"?

Jaguars can MAX at 21.5" (again world record), but 18" seems to be the max in captivity, with 11- 14" most common. You will not likely see a female over 11"

EDIT: Just realized a 240L is only about 65 gallons......yea, you might have a little too much for a 65g
Ingernet research

Peter hallett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2016
did you reply within the reply function?
also did you ever listen? keep 1 pair of cichlids in your tank unless you want to run into issues later on.
yeah I listened lol my replys are every where in here, its research im looking at, im feeling a variation but 1 of each im going gold nugget, green phantom, 1 fire mouth,1 blue acara 1 kribensis and lolkinh for a few more that will be the dight amoumt for my tank 1 inch to evsry gallon it says, taking in mind size of fully grown, any suggestions to that, chichlid world is difficult

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
A krib is too small and could get killed.
The 1 inch per gallon is an outdated and dangerous rule. What filter do you have and how much water change are you doing?

Peter hallett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2016
A krib is too small and could get killed.
The 1 inch per gallon is an outdated and dangerous rule. What filter do you have and how much water change are you doing?
no fish in tank yet so not done water change yet, but ill be doing 1 a week 10%, I wouldnt stick to the 1 per gallon rule, ill forget the krib, I know I might sound daft about fish but this is a new world to me, hence all questions, is thier any others I could add to the ones got it down to so far and if needed ill get another tank in a year or so, but please base you advice on not tank in a year and yes tank in a year, do appreciate all this

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
you want to get your hands on a Green Terror, skip forward a year; and you have yourself a stunning fish with presence and attitude.

Reactions: Stedz2121

Peter hallett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2016
you want to get your hands on a Green Terror, skip forward a year; and you have yourself a stunning fish with presence and attitude.
In a 240 litre tank, a gold nugget plec,a green phantom plec,1 blue acara,1 fire mouth,and a green terror, would they go together though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store