Lights for photo shooting

ccplim

Jan 8, 2005
Singapore
www.avianwatchasia.org
What kind of light do you guys use for your aquatic photo shoot? FL or PL?

I tried PL but it gaves me a greenish tint. Will that actually affect much on the final result?

Also, which color tube do you feel is more suitable in grneral?
1) Pinkish tube,
2) White tube,
3) Blue tube

G

here is what I use on the tank (each fixture sits on a diff. tank, and I move them over for shooting)

4" Aqualight? Deluxe Series - Double Linear Strip with 1-65 watt Actinic and 1-65 watt 10,000K? Compact Fluorescent Lamps Straight Pin Base with Cooling Fans

1-65 watt Actinic and 1-65 watt 10,000K? Compact Fluorescent Lamp Included
2 On/Off switches and 2 power cords for separate timers
Built-in Electronic Ballast and Cooling fans
Sleek Aluminum Housing
Highly-Polished Reflector
Acrylic Lens Cover

And my other one is this:

Teeth&Fins

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2004
New York
hey guys, can you recommend a site where I can learn about all different aquarium lights that are out there. You know the terminology, the effects ect........

G

yes, I do have the actinics on both. I wish I did not, but 2 more of the daylight. I will eventually do it when I am replacing bulbs. The actinic does nothing for me, and actually screws up the colors a little, I think.

Anyone wants actinic bulbs, will trade for daylight ones that I need :)

Gordeez

Feeder Fish
Jan 4, 2004
New Braunfels, TX
I have some natural Color bulbs i Purchased at home depot.
48'' 4 Watt Bulbs.
There a Bright White, They produce a nice sunny look.
Excellent lights!
But it gets better, My fixture is a reg Shop Fixture from
Wally World (walmart), About $10 And the lights, Home Depot
for $6.47 A Bulb =0)

stavs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2004
Allentown, PA
paradise said:
here is what I use on the tank (each fixture sits on a diff. tank, and I move them over for shooting)

4" Aqualight? Deluxe Series - Double Linear Strip with 1-65 watt Actinic and 1-65 watt 10,000K? Compact Fluorescent Lamps Straight Pin Base with Cooling Fans

1-65 watt Actinic and 1-65 watt 10,000K? Compact Fluorescent Lamp Included
2 On/Off switches and 2 power cords for separate timers
Built-in Electronic Ballast and Cooling fans
Sleek Aluminum Housing
Highly-Polished Reflector
Acrylic Lens Cover

And my other one is this:
How much more light do these give off? I worry that too much light will affect my fish, as they are more active when its darker. Also, how do these strips fit on the canopies? Are they bigger than a regular strip?

Also, Paradise, is this is the Aqualife you have:

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=24065;category_id=1875;pcid1=1843;pcid2=

Do you like it, or is the other one better, and where did you purchase them?

Thanks,

Stavs

G

Fish get used to the light. IT does not matter to them after a short while.
Plus these lights come with 2 switches, I usually have only 1 set on at a time.
They give off a really nice white light.

I dont know if that is the one on BigAls site, mine is made by Coralife. I did buy it from Bigals, but it was called (there are ads in magazines for it) Coralife Freshwater. Make sure to get that one and not the other one by the same company. The freshwater one comes with 4x same bulb, the reg. one comes w/2 blue actinics which are useless unless you have a reef saltwater system. I made a mistake on that one with my first system (the Formosa one above), when I change bulbs in 6 mo. or so, will change to 2 more daylights.

stavs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2004
Allentown, PA
Ok...so I'm going to upgrade the lighting. What I gather is that daylight tubes are best...now, on a 55g, with a dempsey and an oscar and some loaches, do I need one with 2 lights or four? Its like $100 difference, but I'm not concerned with that. I'm just looking to get the best for my setup without going overboard.

Thanks,

Stavs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store