More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
In Lazarus' tank you see Arrow here. These shots were taken in morning sunrise mode. Arrow is an interesting example of a late bloomer. He was extremely plain, solid pink with clear fins and one black fleck. Now he's blossomed into one of the quad colors! I find with the pinks 50% are stable pattern and 50% change as adults. You see the well growing octopus grass. The fish seem to leave it alone which is good (they love nesting in it though). I've given up on guppy grass...that's pretty much free salad for all.

3.jpg

Reactions: Matth05

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Here's Flash, one of Pip and Mongo's oldest daughters. She's also one of the largest and very dominant. One of three females that will challenge and fight males. The other two are Pip and Speck. Her coloration is on the dark and muted side but in breeding dress her belly gets extremely red. All of her fry were donated months ago...except for Renegade Baby who escaped the purge and shares the tank. Flash and miracle fish Lazarus are a pair but haven't had any fry (which is fine by me). Others in the tank are Arrow and Matches, he of the red tail. Matches is the third wheel and is very persistent about Flash. Arrow is the odd one out being the only 'pink' in the tank. However, Arrow has gotten more aggressive with age and keeps things lively. They chase him, he chases everybody. Generally they all stay in their hides or nooks but skirmishes break out at times.

1.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store