Motoro Pup back to not eating

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
Yeah, this is round 2 of issues with him. Thought we had cleared this mess up, I suppose I only have myself to blame if it was indeed the ammonia spikes.
We'll see. Thanks for the info, added the dose early. We'll see how it goes

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
So, a bit of a positive update from this morning. As I was leaving, I noticed he was actually out and about and not sitting on the bottom not moving. I actually walked into him gliding in the filter output, so I am hoping that is a sign of him feeling better. Clearly the Prazi is helping, as this is the first actual movement he has had in the last 4-5 days that wasn't him simply moving locations.
I hate that I am going out of town tomorrow and won't be around to keep a watch on him. I put some ghost shrimp in the tank to see if they can maybe give him a snack through the weekend.

Anything you guys suggest I do tomorrow before leaving? I figure the best thing I could do at this point before leaving would be to do a smallish (25-30%) WC, clean out filter, and supplementally dose again with Prazi to replace what I took out. I will do whatever this evening so that I have enough time to monitor him for at least 18-20hrs. I don't want to do a water change and then immediately leave for the weekend. What do you guys think?

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
No water change or filter clean, just leave everything and I bet he will be fine when you get back? Is some one gonna feed him?

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
sorry to here you having problems again, I will keep an eye on this thread! Good Luck man

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
So, I am leaning towards a mix of pH crash and stress from me trying to feed too many different things, maybe something else coming back? He developed white spots over the weekend, which I believed to be disc burn from the drop in pH. He slowly got worse and worse and passed away over the weekend.
I am going to wait on rays again for now, I had kept fish for years before this and was really successful, but I had a run of bad luck over the last 6 months where nothing was going right for me. I am going to deep clean everything, get my 220 sealed back up and go back to regular fish for a while. Might visit rays again in the future, I just don't have the time currently, I underestimated the level of involvement with these guys.
Thanks for all your help, I hate that it ended this way but I also don't feel like I was given a fair chance to begin with, as I was having issues from day 1 with a malnourished wild caught pup.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
very sorry to here that man

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
So, I am leaning towards a mix of pH crash and stress from me trying to feed too many different things, maybe something else coming back? He developed white spots over the weekend, which I believed to be disc burn from the drop in pH. He slowly got worse and worse and passed away over the weekend.
I am going to wait on rays again for now, I had kept fish for years before this and was really successful, but I had a run of bad luck over the last 6 months where nothing was going right for me. I am going to deep clean everything, get my 220 sealed back up and go back to regular fish for a while. Might visit rays again in the future, I just don't have the time currently, I underestimated the level of involvement with these guys.
Thanks for all your help, I hate that it ended this way but I also don't feel like I was given a fair chance to begin with, as I was having issues from day 1 with a malnourished wild caught pup.

Sorry to hear brother. I was exactly in your spot the last 6 months also. Seems we both made the mistake of buying wild caught. I lost 2 rays out of 3 in the last 6 months and it was a whirlwind. I almost lost my 3rd as well. I was done but I'm so glad I still have one. I learned so much and everyday just keeps getting better, really growing on me. She is a 1000 dollar marble motoro lol. That's how I justify paying for 3 rays and only having one lol.

Keep at her bro, find a nice healthy established pup and you will never look back. Trust me!!!! It sucks but it's only added to your knowledge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store