Mucosus catfish.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Water params were fine man. Why would I make this up? Ron is a better fish keeper than I will ever be and I'm in no place to tell him how to keep fish, just...telling him what happened to me.
As I told you before. When you give info say whether it’s what you read or personal experience and it would be clear for people.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thank you for explaining EntoStentor EntoStentor .

So you had one case, that is with your pictus group. IMHO, this is not enough to make such a conclusion, however tentative or cautious. The pictus have traits other than the long barbels, so why not tie another trait to the mouth rot? ... And just because one type of fish got a barbel rot very fast in your care, doesn't warrant your rationalization whatsoever, even less the advice you had given.

The dire thing about the info given wasn't not that the fish are going to get sick or die, but (as I assumed) the dire carelessness in making statements, both in groundless and harmful generalization and in absurdness of the causal relationship, challenging common knowledge.

To be honest, I must assume that the true underlying reason for your experience sharing (in the form that it had been shared) and for your advice seemed to root in vanity because you want to sound like you know more than you do and want to command respect that you haven't earned yet.

I am no better, bro. I too am guilty of doing exactly the same on MFK more often than not. I appreciate being called out.

In a nutshell, I am calling B.S., is all.

No need to kick this dead horse any longer, I reckon...

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Mine are doing well.

Reactions: moe214

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I don't recall any interaction with the tank mates either, on either end, giving or receiving. My pair was kept with several dozen of other fish species, most of which catfish. So while not at all all-encompassing but I wonder what others observe and whether it confirms my experience or contradicts it.

The diversity of what I have kept my mucosus with can be grasped from this thread on our 120 gal (in prior life in Rochester, NY): https://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30939&hilit=120+gal

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store