My polys

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Nice group of chalceus. They look a little spooked by the SD's.
Thank you, it wasnt going to be possible to have this group if it wasnt for your help:)
I dont think they mind the SD's, they are more worried of the BV and the dabola endli swimming around when i took this video.;)

Reactions: kno4te

Stalker_Loneriff

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2016
Lol. It's no secret. Just suggested using polyester fiber into his filtration sock / sump. I had the same issue with the cloudy haze when I started. Great cheap mechanical filter media. Personally, I just stuff the outer rings on all 3 trays in my FX5, and change it every 2 months with no issues. Use the 100% poly fill you get from a craft store, walmart, etc...
I find that there are two polyester materials offered. a.) there's one with a cotton ball feel to it. Don't get this one cuz it clogs easily and disintegate in an enclosed environment -canister filter. b.) get the one that is more of a plastic feel to it. The version you would see in a cheap teddy bear or pillow. It holds better in the water and retains their shape. Hope this helps.
noob question but is this polyester fiber?

it does feel a bit like plastic

Stalker_Loneriff

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2016
Thats the one, what kind of filter you have?
it's pretty ****ty right now but i'll show it lol
i use an overhead trickle filter. i bought 3 layers of it but i put the box of an old top filter on it so it kinda becomes 4 layers.

i put the polyester in the black box so it becomes my fine mechanical. then course mechanical on the 2nd and 3rd layer and biological filter on the bottom layer. im thinking i should replace the 3rd layer with more biological media

im gonna get another 4 layer set and i plan to place it on the space on the red circle

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
it's pretty ****ty right now but i'll show it lol
i use an overhead trickle filter. i bought 3 layers of it but i put the box of an old top filter on it so it kinda becomes 4 layers.

i put the polyester in the black box so it becomes my fine mechanical. then course mechanical on the 2nd and 3rd layer and biological filter on the bottom layer. im thinking i should replace the 3rd layer with more biological media

im gonna get another 4 layer set and i plan to place it on the space on the red circle

Nice, you made it yourself?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store