Neolamprologus brichardi

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi, I’m just curious, I know that they’re a terror when then spawn, but is there a significant difference between males and females with regards to aggression? If kept individually?
Milingu Milingu
DJRansome DJRansome

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Nope. As a single not really an issue with aggression. When breeding I've had them clear the tank over a long weekend of julies and calvus.
Awesome thanks, I wanted to add two to a community tang setup but didn’t want to risk a pair and I suck ant venting, so I bought two confirmed pairs that were separated by sex for me and wasn’t sure which to keep lol

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
They are very hard for me to sex. Males get alittle bigger. Hard to vent smaller fish for me.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
They are very hard for me to sex. Males get alittle bigger. Hard to vent smaller fish for me.
I’m ok with Malawi cichlids, but after researching and getting some pointers here on tangs, my confidence is a solid zero. Hopefully the guy I bought them from was accurate 🤞

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Good luck. I set up a 40 breeder and its only them now. And their many offspring.
Thanks!
Nice, got any pics or vids?
This tank was supposed to be a callochromis tank, but every one of the 11 I bought turned out to be male, so I kept two and decided to go community

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Hi, I’m just curious, I know that they’re a terror when then spawn, but is there a significant difference between males and females with regards to aggression? If kept individually?
Milingu Milingu
DJRansome DJRansome
Never kept them individually. But in pairs it depends on the individual fish which one is more aggressive.
I had some helianthus that always spawned in a very hidden cave but I knew every time that they are breeding because the male got a beating. Missing scales and shredded fins but never too serious.

N_helianthus_640x430_104545.jpg

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Never kept them individually. But in pairs it depends on the individual fish which one is more aggressive.
I had some helianthus that always spawned in a very hidden cave but I knew every time that they are breeding because the male got a beating. Missing scales and shredded fins but never too serious.

View attachment 1539831
Thanks!
He’s beautiful, I decided to keep the two males and sell the two females. It’s only the first day but they don’t seem to bother anything yet, just hold their own when something starts with them.They’re a little over two inches currently

Reactions: Milingu
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store