New Hoplias Aimara

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
I hope the peacock bass work out. I figure that I'll put them in this afternoon and then add the ruthless killing machine tomorrow morning early, so I can sit and watch them. I'm gonna try to move the monkey killer without the use of a net.... My idea is to catch it inside the PVC hide ,then put a net in front and the rear of it, then move it from one tank to the other. Sound good?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Sound good....problems happen when you actually do it hehehe :D have fun /cheer post some pictures after you done!

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I hope the peacock bass work out. I figure that I'll put them in this afternoon and then add the ruthless killing machine tomorrow morning early, so I can sit and watch them. I'm gonna try to move the monkey killer without the use of a net.... My idea is to catch it inside the PVC hide ,then put a net in front and the rear of it, then move it from one tank to the other. Sound good?
Wouldn't this probably keep him comfortable? Same surrounding he'll think. So he may show aggression off the bat, just a thought.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
It will be in a whole different tank. Gonna put the pbass in first then the Aimara Wolffish after 24 hours or so. I got delayed a bit.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
It will be in a whole different tank. Gonna put the pbass in first then the Aimara Wolffish after 24 hours or so. I got delayed a bit.
No I'm saying giving him the same hide though. Idk I was just saying it as a possibility. I hope it works though! Good luck keep us updated.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
I am soaking my driftwood I built for the tank at the moment. Gonna test water again tomorrow. About 3/8 of the water in the bigger tank will be from the aquarium that the Aimara is in currently. I know that they are a tough fish, but why chance anything that I have control over. I'm also testing the strong currents that are in the new tank. I'm trying to get all the rock and driftwood inside situated the way I want it. That way I know where the water is eddying up and making a slackwater/whirlpool/counter current area or areas for my little buddy to hang out in. I want the "hangout/ambush point" to be in the center of the aquarium, if I can anyway. That way it's not sulking in a corner of the aquarium or something. I want comfortable for it, and easy to view for me and whoever else is looking. That way when I sit on the TV, to watch my aquarium, I can have a great view of it when it doesn't see me in the room and stops begging. Lol.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Sounds good, looking forward to hear the results

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Looks great Zeke!

zoomed.com