New Stingray Home (600g)

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
No, figured on rinsing some of my scrubbies from 340 in a bucket and using that to seed. Plus throw some of the actual scrubbies into the bio chamber with the new media until it starts to mature and boil correctly. Have 4 cubic feet but it wont all fit in the chamber so will start converting the 340 over to it also.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Im excited for you! Cant wait to see rays and armies im there!!

Toohard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2014
Where ever
Is that a 130g sump? Looks identical to mine on my 450g. I was able to fit about 3cu ft of k1 in mine.
Tank looks great! Cant wait to see the fish in there.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Looks great shadowstryder! Thats quite a sump

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Awesome bro! It took u awhile but not as long as me to set up! Just got my 300 all painted stained and finished, doors hung and all. Got vamptrev vamptrev old hydrive 4800 gonna plumb it tomorrow. Can't wait to add trev's ray too... Man lol

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Awesome! No MFK stickers on the tank?
Are you giong to add substrate or keep the white bottom?

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Im excited for you! Cant wait to see rays and armies im there!!
Thanks Trev, mw neither

Is that a 130g sump? Looks identical to mine on my 450g. I was able to fit about 3cu ft of k1 in mine.
Tank looks great! Cant wait to see the fish in there.
Thanks Toohard, its a 125. I can get 3cu ft in there have about 1.5 right now. Will add more slowly as it matures and starts tumbling properly.

Looks great shadowstryder! Thats quite a sump
Thank you sir!

Awesome bro! It took u awhile but not as long as me to set up! Just got my 300 all painted stained and finished, doors hung and all. Got vamptrev vamptrev old hydrive 4800 gonna plumb it tomorrow. Can't wait to add trev's ray too... Man lol
Thanks, took me a while but its up that counts! Post up pics of yours when done.

Awesome! No MFK stickers on the tank?
Are you giong to add substrate or keep the white bottom?
Thanks Jason, plenty of stickers but dont think I am going to put them on here. Bottom is actually a smoke gray mixed with flat black not white (although it appears white) and looked quite a bit darker in garage.

spotfin spotfin so what do you think, stay with these two 36" LEDs or go two 48"ers. I kinda like it not so bright, I think two 48s will be glaring.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Do you have a watt meter to check how many watts your pumps are pulling?

I think the drain rate is for straight pipe. Once you add an elbow or 2 it drastically changes

On my tanks i have 4 drains at 2" and if i do anything over about 5k gph my tank will start to overflow because of the standpipes not the overflow teeth
From what I recall reading on these Lagunas, they are asynchronous pumps. One of the aspects of these types of motors is that their wattage draw is the same at different levels of head unlike direct drive pumps like Reeflos which generally tend to draw less watts as head increases.

So the Laguna should draw 160 watts +/- a few watts across the board (essentially regardless of head). I tested mine a few years back and I found this to be true. My Kill-a-watt read 160 watts regardless of whether the ball valve on the return line was wide open or almost entirely closed. These Lagunas are super efficient. I've been running mine for 3+ years without any issues. I'm a big fan of these pumps as long as you're running a relatively low pressure system (which most of us are).

Sorry for the slight derail SS. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store