New Tank & Baby Green Terror!

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I don't have them anymore, had to sell of to move. The first one I had for a couple years. The key with the stand is dryness. Keeping it as dry as possible. They are partical board. So any spot that is dented, scratched I would paint with a sealer type paint so water can't get to the board itself. Not sure if it's still the case but they have a lifetime warranty so if you ever see a spot starting to blow out due to water absorbing you can get a new one. Yes not fun to swap out a stand but warranty none the less.
As far as being able to hold the weight they seem fine to me, not exactly lite need two people to move them at the minimum. I have heard of people reinforcing the stand with two by fours. But again you probably have to open of the boards to do so and causing more of a chance to get water penatration.
Thanks! Maybe I’ll reconsider these things, can’t beat $600 for the entire ensemble

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Thanks! Maybe I’ll reconsider these things, can’t beat $600 for the entire ensemble
If anything do it for the tank and lids, lights are weak LEDs but ok for to just to light up the tank. You can make a 2x4 stand for another $30 to $40 if overly concerned about the stand.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
If anything do it for the tank and lids, lights are weak LEDs but ok for to just to light up the tank. You can make a 2x4 stand for another $30 to $40 if overly concerned about the stand.
I usually make cinder block stands, I guess I could always sell the stand and do that. Ya I’m big on quality lights, I’d probably get more kessils. The other concern is many of the reviews talk about the tank leaking

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I usually make cinder block stands, I guess I could always sell the stand and do that. Ya I’m big on quality lights, I’d probably get more kessils. The other concern is many of the reviews talk about the tank leaking
I ran one for like 2 to 3 years, the second was 6 months, maybe more. Never a leak. I did handle them carefully during transport that may have some effect, not sure. No twisting of the tank, no standing it up on end or anything, just from a truck bed right to the stand.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
There was a post from a MFKer about a year ago. He bought one a decade ago. It sprung a leak and they just sent him a new one, and he got to keep the original. So he resealed it and basically got a two for one deal.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I ran one for like 2 to 3 years, the second was 6 months, maybe more. Never a leak. I did handle them carefully during transport that may have some effect, not sure. No twisting of the tank, no standing it up on end or anything, just from a truck bed right to the stand.
Good point, people probably have it hanging out of the back of a RAV4 and then put it on end when they unload it lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jexnell

AnomalocarisAquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2024
I've kept various GTs, and if I have any suggestions, it would be to be very careful when adding tankmates. I had a 10in GT that almost killed a 12in tilapia. This GT also attacked a jag cichlid I introduced to my pond. The jag is obviously more aggressive and currently runs the pond, but the fact still stands that a GT can be really aggressive.

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Appreciate all of the feedback! Unfortunately, the space I have picked out will only support a 48" long tank! 75 sounds like the winner!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store