Official Meme Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
hello; So a meme is a captioned cartoon? Do we have to make them ourselves or do we take someone else's work? I did enjoy several and did not get a few.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
hello; So a meme is a captioned cartoon? Do we have to make them ourselves or do we take someone else's work? I did enjoy several and did not get a few.
A meme is just a captioned picture, doesn't have to be a cartoon. You can make your own or use ones from the net. :)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have 2000 memes and 500 gifs on my phone.. where to start

aXw35Az_460s.jpg

Reactions: Frank Castle

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have to say flat earthers are quite ignorant and fairly stupid

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
hello; What is your definition of a "flat earther"?
Well those people that completely ignore science and believe the earth is flat. Science and religion need to be seen from either side. Then there are those that completely reject any legitimate science and only choose the stuff they want to hear.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Well those people that completely ignore science and believe the earth is flat. Science and religion need to be seen from either side. Then there are those that completely reject any legitimate science and only choose the stuff they want to hear.
hello; fair enough. Teaching Biology in Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina for over thirty years I did run into a few that fit you definition.
Bear in mind that scientists can also be guilty of choosing pretty much only what they want to hear as well. This is perhaps more so in the areas where the "proofs" are not so solidly backed up by sound research or all the results are not in yet.
We all tend to adopt a "dogma" and get comfortable with it over time.

Any notions about how I might learn to make a meme?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good morning;I'm not sure how to make one but most people simply save them when they come across them on various searches on the net.Then they simply share/use them as desired.
14611129_303766046654276_584514540402433305_n.jpg

Reactions: Frank Castle

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
There are various sites, or you can use photo editing software

hello; fair enough. Teaching Biology in Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina for over thirty years I did run into a few that fit you definition.
Bear in mind that scientists can also be guilty of choosing pretty much only what they want to hear as well. This is perhaps more so in the areas where the "proofs" are not so solidly backed up by sound research or all the results are not in yet.
We all tend to adopt a "dogma" and get comfortable with it over time.

I have been taught critical thinking recently. Its best to look at stuff with as little bias as possible, and even though it is such a crucial skill people seem to generally lack it. Another thing is trying to understand both sides in an arguement which many people can not do since it can diminish on their ego. But well the world isnt perfecy

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store