Polypterus senegalus "Lake Turkana"

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
On eBay, the ones being sold by fish station? If you're backing the authenticity then I definitely will pull the trigger. Ngl, I only stopped because I was worried about them truly being Turkana, since eBay is really hit or miss.
Yeah. You can pm dnz03dw dnz03dw (fish station) on here too if you are interested in Turkana senegal.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
koltsixx koltsixx
Ahhhh man, you really are a bad influence. Now you got me wanting Sen color morphs and a Turkana. I'm not sure which substrate I'd want to keep the Turkana on as I kind of liked it on the white sand too. Didn't know a Sen could get that big they're all sweet looking but I love your first female. And thanks for the heads up on where I can source one. Fish Station dnz03dw dnz03dw I may hit you up in the near future on here or on Ebay, I imagine here would probably be better so you can avoid Ebay fees.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Ahhhh man, you really are a bad influence. Now you got me wanting Sen color morphs and a Turkana. I'm not sure which substrate I'd want to keep the Turkana on as I kind of liked it on the white sand too. Didn't know a Sen could get that big they're all sweet looking but I love your first female. And thanks for the heads up on where I can source one. Fish Station dnz03dw dnz03dw I may hit you up in the near future on here or on Ebay, I imagine here would probably be better so you can avoid Ebay fees.
I think he sold the last of his extra Turkana senegals this week.

• Sad
Reactions: koltsixx

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I think he sold the last of his extra Turkana senegals this week.
He regularly gets them in though, right? So, I just have to be patient? If so I'm cool with that. Again thanks Hao Hao

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
He regularly gets them in though, right? So, I just have to be patient? If so I'm cool with that. Again thanks Hao Hao
Nah. Lake Turkana shipments are quite rare. I think Toyin has only gotten them 4-5 times? (2019-2021?). Fish Station might have imported them 2-3 times (2021-2023?). I don't think Toyin or Fish Station will get anymore in the near future. Those two guys are also the only two I've seen in US to import bichirs from Lake Turkana. But maybe someone else will in the future but unlikely since you already know the bichir market here is quite dead in comparison to Asia.

dnz03dw

Aimara
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
Hi, I don't think I will be importing them again(unless something happens to my group) since I'm pretty much end of collecting my bichirs, got all the bichir types in my tanks now. Bichir market isn't great in the US when I was looking so I started importing fishes myself, I already got my group (10 turkana pbbs & 16 turkana sen) and had extra males to move and they were just sold this week. I'll pm you if i ever decide to downsize my current group.

my turkana sen tank only (+ a pair of wild nigerian and a 1 eye indo dat)

Last edited:
Reactions: koltsixx

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Nah. Lake Turkana shipments are quite rare. I think Toyin has only gotten them 4-5 times? (2019-2021?). Fish Station might have imported them 2-3 times (2021-2023?). I don't think Toyin or Fish Station will get anymore in the near future. Those two guys are also the only two I've seen in US to import bichirs from Lake Turkana. But maybe someone else will in the future but unlikely since you already know the bichir market here is quite dead in comparison to Asia.
It's too bad, thanks anyway Hao Hao

Hi, I don't think I will be importing them again(unless something happens to my group) since I'm pretty much end of collecting my bichirs, got all the bichir types in my tanks now. Bichir market isn't great in the US when I was looking so I started importing fishes myself, I already got my group (10 turkana pbbs & 16 turkana sen) and had extra males to move and they were just sold this week. I'll pm you if i ever decide to downsize my current group.

my turkana sen tank only (+ a pair of wild nigerian and a 1 eye indo dat)
Sad, I didn't know if I should sad emoji your post or thumbs up because of your awesome vid. 🤣 Thank you anyway dnz03dw dnz03dw and I appreciate your offer at a possible future date downsizing. Who knows maybe I'll be able to source them myself. Again, Thank you both.

Reactions: dnz03dw
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store