Ray vs Puffer

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
I have heard both of these to be very intelligent creatures. Does anyone have any evidence or insight as to which one would be reconized as the more intelligent being. I was just curious...I have a fahaka puffer and can tell he is very aware of his surroundings outside the tank and definately reconizes me over others in a very short amount of time. I had a ray as well but it died after a few weeks so....

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Ooo tough call.. I don't have enough personal ray keeping experience, but puffers are very intelligent. My fahaka sounds just like yours. I think puffer fans are going to say Puffers, and Ray fans will say Rays.. and there are more Ray fans here then puffer fans :)

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
i would have to lean towards puffers....... :rolleyes:

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
I would go with rays being smarter just because I like them better :headbang2

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
thamunsta said:
im thinking of getting a fahaka what should i know about them before i go ahead and do so?
any tankmates kept with a fahaka are in perpetual danger of being killed in a sudden anger fit. so make sure any tankmates you keep with it are disposeable. Make sure you have a 125g or larger to house it in as it approaches adult size. other than that, enjoy it.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
rays are cool
but my mbu would let he hold him during w/c's

my rays would eat from my hands.
ummm

puffers beacause rays need alot of care

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com