Started my Native tank tonight....

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
maaaaaaaaaan get those baitfish some substrate and drift wood homie haha
tbh, i'm about done w/ this tank......seriously, i'm tired of fish that ONLY eat tilapia and taking up space and filtration and electricity I could be using for more cichlids. These were supposed to get eaten by Flatheads or big Channel cats, I just stopped fishing when I had to put Diablo down so here I am cuz I don't have the heart to kill an animal for no reason.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
tbh, i'm about done w/ this tank......seriously, i'm tired of fish that ONLY eat tilapia and taking up space and filtration and electricity I could be using for more cichlids. These were supposed to get eaten by Flatheads or big Channel cats, I just stopped fishing when I had to put Diablo down so here I am cuz I don't have the heart to kill an animal for no reason.
Yor sunfish only eat tilapia? Wth ?every sunfish I ever had would eat pellets or flakes by the second day.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
oh that's right you like pellet killers lol. My sunnies ate pellets right out of the pond lol and in fact are the ONLY fish I own that eat them besides my clown loaches. You are bad at native fish! Starve them for a few weeks, and presoak the pellets to soften them, you should have no issue getting those bottomless pits to eat.

They also will go nuts for crickets but you don't seem the type to give insects to your fish lol.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
oh that's right you like pellet killers lol. My sunnies ate pellets right out of the pond lol and in fact are the ONLY fish I own that eat them besides my clown loaches. You are bad at native fish! Starve them for a few weeks, and presoak the pellets to soften them, you should have no issue getting those bottomless pits to eat.

They also will go nuts for crickets but you don't seem the type to give insects to your fish lol.
already did everything you just said, nothing has worked since I started this tank. I used to do crickects a LOT 4-5 years ago, but I have only given a few dozen one time to the bruisers in the 125g just recently. They smashed them.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
already did everything you just said, nothing has worked since I started this tank. I used to do crickects a LOT 4-5 years ago, but I have only given a few dozen one time to the bruisers in the 125g just recently. They smashed them.
man your sunnies are just broken lol. I buy insects every so often for the tanks, my crappie and sunnies destroy crickets. I'll be raising dubia here in a few weeks so they'll get a taste of roaches eventually too lol.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
man your sunnies are just broken lol. I buy insects every so often for the tanks, my crappie and sunnies destroy crickets. I'll be raising dubia here in a few weeks so they'll get a taste of roaches eventually too lol.
i'm gonna need a spot for this corner-bowfront im getting shortly so they might need to go bye-bye. I could put them in the same pond my old channel catfish went to I guess. All he has in it is a 30lb+ channel cat, and 3 big Koi , arrowroots and 5,000 gallons of water. IDK how well they would do going from 65F to 40'sF but it's supposed to be mid- to upper 40's here all week. A small pond like his, the water would warm up quickly I suppose - probably 3 feet deep at most

Best I could do is put the tank on the floor to cool it down about 5 more degrees

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
i'm gonna need a spot for this corner-bowfront im getting shortly so they might need to go bye-bye. I could put them in the same pond my old channel catfish went to I guess. All he has in it is a 30lb+ channel cat, and 3 big Koi , arrowroots and 5,000 gallons of water. IDK how well they would do going from 65F to 40'sF but it's supposed to be mid- to upper 40's here all week. A small pond like his, the water would warm up quickly I suppose - probably 3 feet deep at most

Best I could do is put the tank on the floor to cool it down about 5 more degrees
They'll be fine. If they start floating right away well....the channel cat will be happy lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store