The Dreaded Aurnati Fungus

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I would start at half dosage and see how they react. If they are fine with it next does go all in.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I treated them yesterday at 50%, today at 75%, and if they seem to handle it fine, I'll dose at 100% tomorrow.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Sounds good I'm pulling for these guys. It's too bad I can't keep them they are really nice looking fish.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Unfortunately, the remaining fish didn't make it.
I gave 3 doses of the Quick Cure. The first at 50%, then 75%, then 100%. I didn't even notice a difference; not that it got worse, but didn't get better. I think that the Maracide worked better, as I could see the fuzz almost totally gone after one 100% treatment.

Moving forward, is there anything that I can do to make sure that this fungus isn't in the tank for the next inhabitants. I'm hoping to use the tank for more Channa, but probably a different species. Obviously, I don't want to have to deal with this fungus anymore.
Thanks.

Joao M

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Portugal
Bottles,
Those are really sad news...
Thank you for posting and updating the thread. The gathered info will help someone in the future.

Moving forward,
I really have no idea if the fungus survives without a host. But most likely wouldn´t risk it and would clean the tank and start from zero

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Thanks, Joao.
I have lots of plants that I would hate to waste, but wouldn't feel confident adding them to my other tanks. I also don't want to have to boil 150lbs of sand and large pieces of driftwood. At the same time, I wouldn't want to put another species through that nasty fungus. I may not have any other options though...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store