The Official Boxing Thread

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I thought this was on HBO? I got home about 2200 and couldn't find it. I was pulling for Khan going up in weight. I've never been a fan of Mexican fighters, although I did like Julio César Chávez he was tough.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I thought this was on HBO? I got home about 2200 and couldn't find it. I was pulling for Khan going up in weight. I've never been a fan of Mexican fighters, although I did like Julio César Chávez he was tough.
Chavez is the Mexican fighter that I dislike the most lol.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I
Chavez is the Mexican fighter that I dislike the most lol.
I could see why, he was an ******* but was tough as nails. Most of them are are good for a while but once they get beat they're never the same again. You could beat the crap out of Chavez and he'd knock you out in the last round. I really miss the days of 15 round fights, the landscape of the sport would but much different IMO if they still fought 3 more rounds, and didn't stop them so fast. I don't think half of some of the greatest champions of all time would be title holders under today's rules.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I

I could see why, he was an ******* but was tough as nails. Most of them are are good for a while but once they get beat they're never the same again. You could beat the crap out of Chavez and he'd knock you out in the last round. I really miss the days of 15 round fights, the landscape of the sport would but much different IMO if they still fought 3 more rounds, and didn't stop them so fast. I don't think half of some of the greatest champions of all time would be title holders under today's rules.
Agreed....with all of that.My biggest problem with Chavez was the outcome of his fight with Meldrick Taylor who I was somewhat of an aquaintence of.I remember that fight vividly as we were all rooting for him.
A lot of today's fighters don't seem to be in shape enough to go three more rounds....and to think there were prizefights that were twenty rounds way back when.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Khan's from near me in manchester he's never had a good chin he's been knocked clean three times now , he's had to go to hospital after last nites fight , he's very fast but doesn't have much power in his shots and his jaw is glass , Olympic boxing with head gaurds would be far better for him ;)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Khan's from near me in manchester he's never had a good chin he's been knocked clean three times now , he's had to go to hospital after last nites fight , he's very fast but doesn't have much power in his shots and his jaw is glass , Olympic boxing with head gaurds would be far better for him ;)
That's Tim Bradley's problem pretty much but he seems to be a little tougher.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It doesn't matter if you are built like a tank a glass jaw will not cut it in boxing. You can get away with it for awhile with speed Roy Jones for example.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It doesn't matter if you are built like a tank a glass jaw will not cut it in boxing. You can get away with it for awhile with speed Roy Jones for example.
You think Jones was a Glass Joe?...I never got that impression,I just figured he continues to fight well after his prime and is taking beatings...he is washed up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store