Turtle in outdoor pond?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
it's awesome, dude. how long did the whole project take?
Thanks again.
The pond took me just over a week.I gave myself a week off work to do it.I dug it out by hand and it poured down with rain everyday.
The pond is roughly 10 x 14 foot and 5 foot deep in the middle.
Part of the pond goes underneath a decking area.
The rest of the garden is never finished as plants are always growing being moved or changed.
I have a love for big tropical plants,some of them can be a bit of a challenge in a British climate.I still think they are worth the aggro though.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Cold hardy plants u may like:cold hardy banana(my neighbor has these),cold hardy palm,arctic kiwi,cold hardy fig(needs to be covered with mulch,soil or leaves in winter),Adams needle yucca,there are also a number of cold hardy cactuses(especially in the opuntia group).
On a slightly off topic note my father was taught to swim at under two months of age(they used to offer swimming classes to babies and probably still do)

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Cold hardy plants u may like:cold hardy banana(my neighbor has these),cold hardy palm,arctic kiwi,cold hardy fig(needs to be covered with mulch,soil or leaves in winter),Adams needle yucca,there are also a number of cold hardy cactuses(especially in the opuntia group).
On a slightly off topic note my father was taught to swim at under two months of age(they used to offer swimming classes to babies and probably still do)
Most of the plants you just listed I have already and have been growing for years.
As for baby swimming lessons.my daughter has been swimming since she was 6months old.
Thanks for the life lessons but you don't take chances with your children's lives and ponds.
She may be able to swim but pond liners are slippy and not easy to get out of.
Many a good adult swimmer have drown in canals.I notice your only 22 and may not have any children yet.When you do I hope you don't take chances with their lives near water.If you had kids of your own I doubt you would of made that comment.
Your dad may of been able to swim at 2 months but he would not of been able to walk or crawl.
Swimming alone is useless if you can't get out.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Actually he could crawl out(it was part of the course),however in no way did I mean for it to be safety advice(I repeat this is not safety advice)! Fencing is still needed obviously.
Sorry for any misunderstandings,I just posted it as a fun story.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
He could crawl out of a pond at 2 months old?
He must be bionic.
Most babies don't begin to crawl until they are at least 6 months old.
My daughter can swim quite well but I very much doubt she could crawl up an algea covered wet pond liner.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Truth be told he was adopted,so for all I know he's the terminator,or a vampire...or a werewolf or a robotic vampire werewolf,why did u put those thoughts in my head!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store