What is the most gory death that your fish has suffered??

Big Pleco81

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2010
california
I have a 125 gallon corner tank that my dad and I take care of together. Well we let my little sister (about 7 at the time) pick out a few fish for the tank as the stock had gotten low over time. She chose a small mbuna, that she named "Stripey", and one of those fiddler crabs with the huge claw. We said what the heck let's see how the crab does. I figured it would get hammered in about 2 seconds but surprisingly was doing fine. After about 3 days my sister and I were checking out the new fish. "Stripey" was getting a little close to the crab, a little too close. The crab grabbed it around its body and began eating stripey alive right in front of us. It was pretty gnarly. My sister was traumatized. Stripey didn't make it. The crab didn't either as he was shredded by the Texas eventually.

Lessons were learned. I'm now 20 and can remember it clear as day lol

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern North Carolina
I had a beautiful 20 long with an assortment of fish in it. A tire track eel, angel fish, pink convict cichlids, and many other little corys and whatnot.
I came home from school one day and my mother says don't touch her. I asked What? And again she says don't you touch her. I asked what are you talking about and she tells me you will know soon enough. I went to my fish to feed them as usual and I found a tank full of bloated dead fish!!! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!! I found out that my little two and a half year old sister fed them while I was in school. she fed them the contents of a 5 pound can of Golden Sun potato chips which if the salt didn't kill them the rehydrated potato slices on the surface cut off the oxygen and carbon dioxide exchange and they all suffocated! Some of them even ate enough to cause their sides to bust open from the rehydrating chips, and I presume they ripped open before they totally died.

But there is one thing worse (I think)... You did say "our fish".
That has to include the fish I catch when I go fishing.
I have filleted the meat off a fish so expertly that all that was left was the head attached to the backbones.The gills still pumping... and the eyes were still looking every-which-way.

Richard Parker

Feeder Fish
Jul 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
had a somewhat large blood parrot slowly eaten alive from the tail first by a 6 inch "blue lobster". found the poor thing still alive after the whole back half had been chewed off.

EChambers89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2015
My buddy had a red devil knock the screen off a power head and a feeder fish got sucked completely through it.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
had a somewhat large blood parrot slowly eaten alive from the tail first by a 6 inch "blue lobster". found the poor thing still alive after the whole back half had been chewed off.
Given the intelligence and personality of parrots, i find this one quite horrible

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Bichir swam in the HOB and broke his back. No gore, all internal. He died minutes after finding him. It was kind of funny when I think back. The guy at petsmart said they didn't always live.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store