What's the most grusome death one of your fish has suffered?

Dragonis95

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
My first JD male sat in a cave-like piece of wood which I wanted to sort out and leave on the balcony to dry after cleaning.
I did not know he was in there. I shook it to make sure everyone leaves the wood before I take it out.
Well, he did not notice that I took the thing out of the water and later put it on the balcony... him still sitting in there but no sign of life I would have been able to notice...
Later on, I found the poor thing dried on the balcony...
My second male has died because of multiple infections following each other. First inner gut parasites, then bacteria and then gill worms.
He lived strong like a lion for weeks but finally died within only a few minutes.
Not that grusome for him, but for me it was.

Lsey81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2016
Pittsburgh-ish
Hmmm...I'll say when I was a kid...14-15 I had 7 piranha I had raised to about 8-9 in...got the wild idea that I needed a catfish to you know...keep the bottom nice and tidy..that's what catfish do ...I figured my sharp tooths wouldn't touch it because all they do is hide...went to the creek...caught a channel cat...tossed it in the tank....never made it to the bottom...just the spine...and head....still gasping

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hmmm...I'll say when I was a kid...14-15 I had 7 piranha I had raised to about 8-9 in...got the wild idea that I needed a catfish to you know...keep the bottom nice and tidy..that's what catfish do ...I figured my sharp tooths wouldn't touch it because all they do is hide...went to the creek...caught a channel cat...tossed it in the tank....never made it to the bottom...just the spine...and head....still gasping
Reminds of when someone donated a school of piranhas to cabelas, not a one made it thru the first night

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
I had a crayfish (Hence my name when I first got on here) and he climbed into the sump I had and the little guy somehow managed to get impaled on a sharp piece of lava rock, he was throwing up blood and stuff, I realized he couldn't be saved so I smashed him with a sledgehammer so the little guy didn't have to suffer anymore

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
My wife had some rosy barbs in our community tank and they would just kill shrimp left and right not eat them just rag doll the hell out of them then swim off, granted my bichirs would eat the dead shrimp quickly

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

ygwilliam

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2017
California
I have an albino channel cat about 12” long. Put him in my 100 gallon tank for the winter he’s usually in my 1300 gallon pond. Well I had one of those Cichlid stones in there and he decided to ram himself into it. I couldn’t pull him out because of the dumb spikes in his fins. So I took the stone outside took a screw driver and a hammer and smashed the stone open. I luckily saved the catfish and now he permanently lives in the pond.

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have an albino channel cat about 12” long. Put him in my 100 gallon tank for the winter he’s usually in my 1300 gallon pond. Well I had one of those Cichlid stones in there and he decided to ram himself into it. I couldn’t pull him out because of the dumb spikes in his fins. So I took the stone outside took a screw driver and a hammer and smashed the stone open. I luckily saved the catfish and now he permanently lives in the pond.
atleast it has a happy ending :)

Reactions: rusto

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
He’s 15 and has a 1,300 gallon pond? I’d love to know how he convinced his parents to put in that pond lol.

Reactions: rusto

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
It was rather easy to get my 75 gallon. Like Vincent once said, I would have been killed if I had tried to start with my biggest tank. My parents would never have gone for it if I tried to start out with a 75 gallon but slowly over the years I went from 1 gallon, to 5 gallons, to 10 gallons, to 20 gallons, to 29 gallons, to 38 gallons, to 55 gallons, and finally to 75 gallons. I can’t get any bigger while I’m at home so now I have 3 75 gallons, 3 55 gallons, and a 29 gallon :). Still waiting to set up 2 of the 75 gallons and 2 of the 55 gallons :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store