what's your worst purchase

Diamondhitch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2006
Alberta
My worst was a $65 Frontosa. Despite knowing that the Blue zebra would kill it, my girlfreind insisted that she had to have one so I bought the biggest one thay had thinking that maybe if it was big enough he might stand a chance but no luck despite being 5 times the size of the zebra he only lasted a week.

lascombes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2006
louisiana
Buying my first oscar. I had already started a peaceful community tank with tiger barbs, pictus cats, cory's, all kinds of stuff and a buddy of mine says, hey why don't you get a oscar? They have great personality. I didn't know a thing about them at the time and didn't do my homework. I sure picked the right one alright, I bought a tiger oscar. The moment I put him in the tank, he swam right after the school of tiger barbs. In less than a week he slaughtered all of my fish. I don't know why but I kept him but he became my favorite fish. Now I don't even mess with peaceful fish anymore. Too skiddish and boring.

I named him Kurgan after the bad guy in the Highlander movie. When he was small he would only eat the heads off of the fish. He passed away a couple of days ago. I had him for 6 years. Don't ever keep a pair of convicts in the same tank with your prized fish. Mean little bastards. :swear:

pheedbak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Chicago, IL
I was like 12 or 13, and I bought some mail order Eduard Schmmidt-FockeDiscus from some dude in the back of Aquarium magazine (back when they used to have ads in the back).

The fish arrived in great condition and grew up to be healthy, vibrant, Green Severums!

Reactions: Lady Sphinx

HiGhTiMeZ

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, Canada
www.friendster.com
pheedbak;499529; said:
I was like 12 or 13, and I bought some mail order Eduard Schmmidt-FockeDiscus from some dude in the back of Aquarium magazine (back when they used to have ads in the back).

The fish arrived in great condition and grew up to be healthy, vibrant, Green Severums!
wheres the worst purchase in here? :screwy:
anyway as for me my worst purchase wud hav to be the striped castfish for 9$ for 2. it went on the 55gal and never did i see it.
decided to put in my planted tank and they always destroy my aquascaping... so i gave it back to the lfs in change for a fancy guppy.
needless to say the guppy was way better! :)

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
worst purchase was when i was just starting out some guy talked me into getting a parrotfish. died cause he couldnt catch the feeder guppys. half breed freak!!

Oscarboyz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2006
In the fish section LOL
worst puchase had to be a red tail catfish that i put in a 37 gal. lol my full mgrown oscar ate him for dinner.

Oscarboyz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2006
In the fish section LOL
when i first started my worst purchase rtc in a 37 gal. my oscar ate him! waste of a beatiful 4 inch fish lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store