When is mean just too mean?

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
I'm not too familiar with different polys, but are there any of the "quietly dominant" sort? One that firmly quashes challengers but otherwise doesn't attack anything?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I'm not too familiar with different polys, but are there any of the "quietly dominant" sort? One that firmly quashes challengers but otherwise doesn't attack anything?
It depends on the specimen, bichirs generally aren't bad at all though.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Hopefully this weekend I can set up my puffers new 65B and then move over the wood to that tank. without the 'perfect' hiding spot to protect it will have to pick a log on the right or left to take over.

So the consensus seems to be to add more polys if the aggression is too much... That said I dont want a poly carpet and already feel like my tank will feel really full with any more bichir, at least when they all grow up. IF I decide to add another I am leaning toward another lower jaw type but dont want another monster to cause problems. Maybe another Lap. or possible find a milder endli... I dont know at this point.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Hopefully this weekend I can set up my puffers new 65B and then move over the wood to that tank. without the 'perfect' hiding spot to protect it will have to pick a log on the right or left to take over.

So the consensus seems to be to add more polys if the aggression is too much... That said I dont want a poly carpet and already feel like my tank will feel really full with any more bichir, at least when they all grow up. IF I decide to add another I am leaning toward another lower jaw type but dont want another monster to cause problems. Maybe another Lap. or possible find a milder endli... I dont know at this point.
Add both

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store