When things go wrong

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Similar to what I said in the other thread, my condolences as well. Here's hoping you can pick up the pieces and put them together for even greater success than before ( as thebiggerthebetter said, the more we fail the more we can succeed, and I hope you get some of that success)!

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Similar to what I said in the other thread, my condolences as well. Here's hoping you can pick up the pieces and put them together for even greater success than before ( as thebiggerthebetter said, the more we fail the more we can succeed, and I hope you get some of that success)!
How is everything right now? Hopefully there are some survivors?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I first read about this in that other thread, and made a joke out of it. At the time, it seemed funny. I never dreamt that it could turn into such a serious situation.

My sincere apologies for making light of it back then. I hope you can get through this and continue on in the hobby. If you decide to throw in the towel, odds are that in a year or two you will regret it and start again, from scratch. I had a similar incident involving a large collection of breeder reptiles that was almost completely obliterated by a typical Canadian winter storm that cut my power and caused my house to get cold enough to freeze pipes in the basement...all poorly-timed enough to coincide with nobody at home for several days and the neighbour who normally would have watched the house being hospitalized for emergency appendicitis. That was a devastating loss that made me just give up the hobby for a few years,. and although I regretted it later, I just never got back into it and moved on.

You've invested four decades in this game; maybe step back and ease up for a bit, but don't give up! Best wishes to you.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
sorry for your losses and trials…. stick with it!

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
I first read about this in that other thread, and made a joke out of it. At the time, it seemed funny. I never dreamt that it could turn into such a serious situation.

My sincere apologies for making light of it back then. I hope you can get through this and continue on in the hobby. If you decide to throw in the towel, odds are that in a year or two you will regret it and start again, from scratch……………
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement although you have absolutely nothing to apologise for. I posted a funny situation and none of us could have foreseen the outcome.
If I needed any further reassurance that life goes on …….
402E4458-F931-48D3-9995-DF4F1E957EF6.jpeg
It appears that at the same time the blue eyed lemon bristlenose decided to have another batch.
I have another 14 tanks to look after and ok they may not be my monsters but I owe them all the same dedication.
I may review who lives where going forwards and some may find their home vastly increasing in size but your right, I know I would regret it if I walked away completely now.
Time for a reality check over the next couple of weeks as the pond continues to mature again.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Since you suggested that some fish may see their home vastly increase in size, if you deem it safe to move new fish into, my suggestion would be to move a lot of your smallest fish into the pond. To me there's something very fulfilling about giving small fish XXL tanks/ponds, which got me thinking you may hopefully also be fulfilled and remotivated by it if you take that route.
They get plenty of extra space, while you would have given it to them and can also increase company for the schooling fish because of that extra space. Win win.

Good luck, circumstances still must be very hard but you are no doubt capable to make something good out of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store