Wolf fish cohabitation?

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Yea i saw this wolf in person before, it really carried a presence. One of my favorite examples. Very brutish looking. The tank is 160cm x 60cm x 60cm. The curu pretty much maxed out on the width of the tank. He had it in there for about 2 years or so. He acquired it at around 13-14" I think and it was always kept solo.

Reactions: moe214

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
That's a beautiful wolf! Stunning at that size. Looks so stocky, I was looking at mine today and thought about how much he's grown and how thick he's gotten, I got a proud feeling lol. I love that about curus, they're stocky. I wouldn't mind keeping him alone at that size. Any idea the age of this fish or how long it took to grow to that size, and in what size tank?
You gotta give us an update if your Curupira too. :)

IMO - the most lookalike to Coelacanth amongst all fishes. LOL!

Reactions: moe214

Jrp0405

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2011
Mi
That's a beautiful wolf! Stunning at that size. Looks so stocky, I was looking at mine today and thought about how much he's grown and how thick he's gotten, I got a proud feeling lol. I love that about curus, they're stocky. I wouldn't mind keeping him alone at that size. Any idea the age of this fish or how long it took to grow to that size, and in what size tank?
The only thing I know is this fish was the larger of the two black wolves in the tank. I was trading my Ray and asked if they had any wolves, turns out his buddy had bunch of em. Almost got a 4 inch red, but I couldn't pass on this one.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Looks like he's just full to me. Looks good. And I'd choose a black over a red cause of the look and in your case, the more valuable harder to get wolf for a more even trade. Here's mine coming at me from across the tank flaring. image.jpegimage.jpeg

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
When wolves flare, their body will tense up with the heads bending down slightly (Moe's picture) and the gills opening. :)

The other posture is normally what some of us say as "parking". Chilling out after a meal perhaps.

image.jpg

Here's mine joining in with his hovering pose. LOL!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store