Wolf Fish Wont Eat

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Mine would go through phases that he would not eat for a couple weeks at a time, other times I couldn't feed him enough. It made no sense to me.
Mine also does this usually its because of a growth spurt once he didn't eat for a solid 3 weeks. Turned out he gained almost 2 inches

Sent from my XT1254 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
So what did you do? Did u just leave the feeders in the tank with the wolf?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
All I did was offer him food every day if he didn't take it then my lungfish ate it. I will only ever leave feeders in the tank if I am going away for day at a time. He actually just started doing it to me the past few days even though I walk by and he comes out and begs while doing laps he won't eat when I feel him. In a few days or a week I'm sure he will eat again and probably be bigger

Sent from my XT1254 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Lkick the feeders and feed tilapia fillets ,market shrimp ,nightcrawlers,trout worms instead. If you want to get it tobeat pellets just stuff the food with whatever pellets. Takes the hassle out of pellet training

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
I once had a wolf that didn't eat for half a year after I moved him from one tank to another.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Wolves are very picky like that. I would change my aquascape every two weeks once they get used to the changes they should be fine

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Alright, updates on the wolves. Both of them eating well now. The mal takes fish fillets, but still no luck with pellets. The red wolf eats pellets an really anything I feed it. In the past few weeks I see no growth in the red wolf. And I see much growth in the mal.. What is the growth rate f red wolves? My mal is growing too big too fast, and yet my red is growing too slow. Any ideas? I'm feeding my red kens krill pellets and hikari massivore

Supervee

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Minnesotta
I ordered 2 malas from Aquascapeonline. Got one to eat pellets after 3 days and the other after 5 days. It's been a week and a half and they've grown some and now know when I'm feeding them.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1420262766043.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store