You can save the world right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Besides the fact that Global warming is BS, why should I listen to someone like Al Gore who has done more damage to this planet while trying to spread global warming then I will ever do in my entire life.

How many times has he flown in Jets? How massive is his house(s) compared to mine? What a Hypocrite.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
As far as the Vegan thing...more hypocrites. Plants are living things too...just cause they don't bleed red or scream doesn't mean you don't kill them too.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Well this went as expected.
Firstly going vegan can save 1.8 tons of greenhouse gas a year as it takes only 1 acre of land to produce enough food for a vegan, whereas it takes over 18x as much for the average American diet.
On the subject of a s there enough plants for everyone? Well we already produce enough plant and grains to feed the entire world, we just feed most of it to farm animals.
To produce 1lb of beef uses over 1100gallons of water(even in drought hit California)
It takes 110lbs of feed to produce 1lb of duck meat in a "sustainable" farm.
As far as al gore producing more pollution than you, well global animal farming produced more pollution, not just greenhouse gasses but also poisoning the oceans, than all cars, planes, boats, oil rigs and gas fields combined. Over 50% of all Co2 was produce by methane from farm animals.
Don't call veganism hypocrisy, plants don't have nervous systems, don't feel or react to pain like you or animals, and are also truly sustainable.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Veganism in my opinion, is quite possibly the worst dietary lifestyle anyone can follow; every long term vegan I see, look's like an extra from George A. Romero's Dawn of The Dead. I'd happily convert to veganism, once they create nutritionally complete foods to replace meat; unfortunately they haven't, so I'll stick with a rounded diet.

I'm all for saving the planet though, I think you should get funding to create us all a vegan superfood dietary replacement; whereupon we can all worship veganism and not have you pity us poor mortals.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
There is a varied, healthy vegan alternative, its called fruit, vegetables and pulses. If you eat a varied diet of these things you'll never lack any nutrients, in fact youll see the added health benefits. Saying vegetarianism is bad is downright dumb, if you only eat the same things or things lacking in nutritional benefits then yeah you'll get sick, just like if you live off of big macs you'll get sick.
I'm not saying you can't be healthy and eat meat, but its not necessary or beneficial, NAD its killing the planet.
Also get this whole holier than thou thing outta here, I'm no better than you, iv just made a decision to try and help the world, and in the process make me healthier and happier. So for me its a win win.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Is the world population or majority of it converting into vegans going to save the world? Perhaps but even if it is, the change over would hardly be as easy as people changing their diet.

For instance what happens to all the animals who depend on farms to survive? Though the animals may live in horrendous conditions, they still survive by depending on us. They've been domesticated how do they survive without our help? What about the predators and other animals who've adapted to surviving in the more modern world? What about the economy? The people whose lively hood depends on these food animals. What about other parts of industry that depend on animal by products? What of them and their families? The list of thing that would be affected negatively goes on and on.

Does the world need to change? Yes, but in my opinion it'll take more thought and effort to figure out a solution then making a lifestyle choice that is based solely on our eating habits.

As for the holier than thou stuff. I believe you started that. Stating that you find those who don't agree with your point of view as pitiful suggest you believe your state of mind to be morally superior. Which I believe is the very definition. Never mind that calling someones statement dumb when they may simply be less informed then you isn't exactly coming from a humble state of mind either. So while I applaud you for trying to start a change I believe you can do it more tactfully.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Ya...I'm all for managing the harvest of trees and the pollution of the oceans but I have canine teeth for a reason...and that isn't so I can tear leafy greens apart.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm not one for pushing ideology's, beliefs or lifestyles on others, however I do want to try and let others see something for what it really is. The fact is the world is dying, and we need to do something, but what? Buy eco friendly cars? Turn off your house lights? Recycling? All these things are great and necessary. But the current projections are that by doing this we won't see a positive impact for at least 18years at a cost of over 10 trillion dollars. That's not good enough.
What if you could save the world right now? Stop world hunger
Stop deforestation
Stop killing the oceans
Stop global warming
Stop animal suffering
Would you do it?
All it takes is living and thriving on an all plant diet I.e veganism.
It's completely changed my life and the way I see the world.
If your an open minded person go online and search for the facts, a great documentary on Netflix, cowspiracys, really drove the point home for me. I can't stress how much you all should watch this or one of the other great documentarys.
If you don't want to watch it then that's your choice, and if you do watch it and still think eating meat or dairy is an acceptable thing to do, not just for the animal suffering, but for the impact it has on the planet, then I pity you. That may seem harsh and very self righteous but I can't agree with or accept someone that is OK with killing our planet, cause believe it or not, its the only one we got.
I'm saying this in the hope that it has a positive impact on at least one person, cause that's the start of the most important quest on earth.
I'm ready for all the flak I'll get regarding this all, but I won't hold it against you, cause in the end your only hurting yourself and everyone else.
Several key talking points in this rambling, holy than thou speech:
1. You saying you pity those who don't agree you is the pot calling the kettle black at its finest seeing as you probably didn't agree with you before watching a movie designed to make you feel guilty.
2. Are you telling me....that switching from a mass production of meat products to a mass growing of "vegan" products isn't going to spring the same corruption that the meat industry has spurred? It may start with the peace loving hippies growing some spinach and apples for the betterment of the world but ultimately someone, somewhere, is going to see a profit margin waiting to be had and the cycle will begin again. Additives, deliberate genetic mutation, all of the same blah blah blah that has the world in an uproar over our food practices now will cycle back around...its inevitable. Humans were destined to destroy themselves the moment they gained the ability to think and talk.
3. How do YOU know its the only planet we have? Has your entirely green diet given some insight into the universe? The galaxies? There are others like you, wanting to save the Earth, but the difference is they are studying how to colonize a new planet, or discover a planet already suited for humans to begin their reign of destruction once more, rather than attempting to turn the masses into walking lawn mowers. This Earth...will continue doing earthly things long after humans have destroyed themselves and a new species take over. We aren't killing the planet, merely our species, and something will take our place and the Earth will still be here. No sense in worrying about that, you have a precious few years on this planet, live them doing something you love with the people you love and not worrying about how we could possibly live with ourselves in 1000 years.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
There is a varied, healthy vegan alternative, its called fruit, vegetables and pulses. If you eat a varied diet of these things you'll never lack any nutrients, in fact youll see the added health benefits. Saying vegetarianism is bad is downright dumb, if you only eat the same things or things lacking in nutritional benefits then yeah you'll get sick, just like if you live off of big macs you'll get sick.
I'm not saying you can't be healthy and eat meat, but its not necessary or beneficial, NAD its killing the planet.
Also get this whole holier than thou thing outta here, I'm no better than you, iv just made a decision to try and help the world, and in the process make me healthier and happier. So for me its a win win.
There are various amino acids in proteins that can't be replicated in a vegetarian diet, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store