Marineland c-360 canister filter.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
I picked up a relatively new marineland canister filter at a yard sale over the weekend. Which all seemed well except when I got it home and had it running for a while (cleaning) the second time I primed it and went to get it running the prime never released?

The prime pump is now stuck in the top of the filter. Does anyone know how to fix this?

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
Any input is welcome please? Even if it is to call me a dumbass.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
While I'm not familiar with that particular filter, you might want to remove the lid and see if there is access to the primer pump button under the lid. You can then push it back into place.

You may want to lubricate the primer pump with the mfg.'s recommended lube.

jayren4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Indiana
Agree with the 2 suggestions mentioned. With the lid still on try giving it a few light taps and maybe shake the filter back and forth gently. I have 2 C360 but never had that happen yet. Have you also tried using plyers/monkey wrench or something you can get around the button and gently wiggle and lift it? Make sure to wrap a towel around it as to not damage or break the button? You could also try running a flat head screwdriver or butter knife along the side to see if that will loosen it up. Make sure to remove the lid 1st before attempting the later 2 suggestions. Good luck

wilkinson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2009
Upper Uranus
Agree with the 2 suggestions mentioned. With the lid still on try giving it a few light taps and maybe shake the filter back and forth gently. I have 2 C360 but never had that happen yet. Have you also tried using plyers/monkey wrench or something you can get around the button and gently wiggle and lift it? Make sure to wrap a towel around it as to not damage or break the button? You could also try running a flat head screwdriver or butter knife along the side to see if that will loosen it up. Make sure to remove the lid 1st before attempting the later 2 suggestions. Good luck
+2:iagree:

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
all the suggestion above is good if you havent try it.
if everything else is failed but you are a bit handy with your hands..take it apart..theres springs in there that prolly is rusted..clean it or replace it. watch out for dry gasket it causing leak..might as well replace it if its cracking..
c-360 is awsome canister and quite mine was handed down and it sold :p

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
Great suggestions thank you. I will let you know how it turns out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store