Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
Just thought I'd share these AMAZING african cichlids I found while searching online. Definitely going on my wish list! The first pic is of the one I REALLY like. :drool: :)

Cyathopharynx Foai Mboko
Cyathopharynx Foai Mboko [1].jpg

&

Cyathopharynx Foai Ndole
Cyathopharynx Foai Ndole [1].jpg

Cyathopharynx Foai Mboko [1].jpg

Cyathopharynx Foai Ndole [1].jpg

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
Astatoreochromis alluaudi [1].jpg

Astatoreochromis alluaudi

I'm going to do whatever it takes to revive this thread lol...whose with me? Post pictures of African cichlids you own or want to own! (please include the names, not just pics) :headbang2

Astatoreochromis alluaudi [1].jpg

Reactions: crash83

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
That's one rare Victorian, simply stunning!
Ya, I would LOVE to have it!

Still waiting for more people to post pictures of their african cichlids or african cichlids they like!! :popcorn:

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
View attachment 715449

How about this one Pantera? :)

Astatotilapia calliptera "Zambezi"
Believe it or not, I own one, a young male. They are a psudo-Victorian, well, they look like a Vic but they are from Lake Chilwa and Lake Malawi. A renown fish guru once told me that they are the blue-print or ancestor of the first haplochromine in Lake Victoria? I was also told that they are super aggressive, but mine is a real wimp, but he is still small so maybe he turns into a tiger at full adulthood. I'll try to get some shots of him.

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
DSCN5406.JPG

Here's my dominant sp.44, just caught him in a yawn so he actually has his dorsal fin extended. He rarely has to really "color up" as he is completely unchallenged in his 125g. Just wish I had a few girlfriends for him, then his color would really pop!

Pictured in the background is the only female (astatotilapia latifasciata) Vic in his tank. She dwarfs him in size and is approx 5 yrs old, much too old to be starting a family.

DSCN5406.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store