310gal Update (Post Leak)

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Will get pics of sump and plumbing tomorrow evening. As for the lights, they are simple under roof outdoor lights I had left over from when I disassembled my fishroom at my last place. with 2 x 13watt standard screw in energy saving bulbs. They are temporary until I find a nice LED set up, or make a DIY one.

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
Very nice. Looking forward to the sump/plumbing pics. What about the lid? Does this tank currently have a lid?... Can't tell from the last picture.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
There is no lid on the tank. I used to use metal "mesh" with 1.5" square holes when it had my large fish in it before the leak.

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
There is no lid on the tank. I used to use metal "mesh" with 1.5" square holes when it had my large fish in it before the leak.
Egg crate would work equally as good and provide you that piece of mind that your fish aren't going to make a jump for it. Do you plan on doing anything with a lid for it in the future?

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Egg crate would work equally as good and provide you that piece of mind that your fish aren't going to make a jump for it. Do you plan on doing anything with a lid for it in the future?
I do not put lids on tanks here in Taiwan, as most if not all people I know here do. The summer is stifling hot and the tanks would simply over heat. Summer temps in my tank are around 30C.

I find with eggcrate it cuts out some angled light which I want to avoid. but thanks for the suggestion.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Looks like a disaster waiting to happen. But sounds like you've got it under control. Nice GG!
I agree! I know some people put egg crate/light diffusers under the sand then put the rocks on top of that to keep any possibility of pressure points from developing over the years........

I'm sure you know what your doing, I'm just slightly concerned. On a positive note it looks awesome! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store