Rio Copan Vs. Rio Blanco Red Tiger Motaguense

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
What would you call them? :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
:clap I know I know, believe me I'm someone who thinks all these different labels and locations and Wild Caught, etc, etc. are STUPID and irrelevant. That's why I like to have fun on MFK, I know what I have to know to keep my fishes alive and healthy for years now. Don't get me wrong I am still learning everyday however, I filter most of the text book stuff out. Im sure there are some people who can and will still learn, but most of the knowledge is just what it is, a bit of literature.

Like Ive said before, even the "expert" Master degree Ichthyologists and researchers are SOOO confused with the fishes that they go back and forth naming and renaming species/genus. And then we are SOOO knowledgable that we stand by those studies and labels until........it gets changed again. Whoops. :nutkick:

Why not. It's been done before. :ROFL:
I found a few different names for Jack Dempsey's

-Archocentrus octofasciatum
-Nandopsis octofasciatum
-Nandopsis octofasciata
-Cichlasoma octofasciatum
-Cichlasoma octofasciatus
-Cichlasoma octofasciata
-Cichlasoma biocellatum
-Cichlasoma hedricki
-Parapetenia octofasciata
-Heros octofasciatus
-Rocio octofasciatum
-Rocio octofasciata
-Rocio ocotal
-Rocio gemmata

All these different names, Really make me wonder.
"Who really knows, Or is it the latest best guess"

Spike:grinno:
I wonder how many people have argued about different names given to Jack. Well hey maybe it really is just the same Jack, or maybe there are different Jacks, or maybe nobody knows Jack except for Jack himself.....and Mrs. Dempsey of course

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
ALL of the fish in the hobby are from a very limited number of original fish collected (wild stock).

Matt
This is actually a (wild) claim :screwy:

You dont think that any other human being has brought back wild Motas besides Ken? I mean, regardless of the location...ALL of the Motas in the hobby, WOW!

aclockworkorange

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
This is actually a (wild) claim :screwy:

You dont think that any other human being has brought back wild Motas besides Ken? I mean, regardless of the location...ALL of the Motas in the hobby, WOW!
All of the motaguensis in the hobby FROM Rio Copan/Blanco...

If you can't wrap your head around basic ichthyology and research papers, how can you really comment?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store