Red bay snook tank mates?

Jim3h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Plecos have ganoid scales and why such a high salt content? And most fish prefer it and depends on the species most are pretty good especially clown knives

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Well I have it pretty high to prevent/cure ich. First when I got my fish they were fine but they wouldn't eat, you know how peacock bass are, I has to throw feeders in and of course my pbass got ich, so I raised the temp and put some salt in. They don't seem to mind it. I don't have any plants in the tank for it to bother so why not. And you mean to say that plecos can tolerate salt? I read on a couple websites that they can't. But I trust your word over a website I got off google lol. And I just don't know how I feel about knifes, I hear from some people they're great and some people say they're very skittish and they're not hardy at all.

lonzoencho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The pleco's will be fine, I would just experiment with a common one before I put a fancy pleco in there. Not going with a knife is fine there are plenty of other options. Datnoids can tolerate the higher salt content especially the Siamese ones. Synodontis would do ok also, often times where there from has higher salt/mineral content.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store