Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Told my wife I wanted a boat for Christmas. She said it was too expensive. I agreed and added that she would never see me. She's contacting friends and family to take up a collection.

Sent from my LG-D500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
you'll end up with an inflatable one and an inflatable gf

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
When you start getting older a lot of things need inflating.

Sent from my LG-D500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Think I have a plan about how to get a large tank without going broke, all I need is my parents permission and someone who'll help me build a stand. I'll keep you updated :D

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Turns out the 30-40 endlers I had in a 10g are actually 72 endlers.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
While I feel like I lack luck in fishkeeping, I've just had the second winter casualty in my pond since I've had it and both were goldfish, which I want to remove anyway. Good going.

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
I had a 40g on the porch with two dormant goldfish from our pond in it...well it froze pretty hard around here for about a week, The back of the tank shattered with out me noticing until the water was about 2 inches deep as it thawed.

Figured they were goners..my chocolate fantail and my 6 inch calico subukin...went out to get the dog bowel the other day and glanced at the tank o_O both on there sides in half frozen muck breathing!...now they are in a bucket until i can go get a plastic tote for them.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
:ROFL: That was a good one!!!... The old lady is leavin town tomorrow, got everything to get my 75 goin while she is away, also bought the Bourne trilogy to watch while shes away, havent seen any of them.

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
WWWOOO Won the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society breeder of the year award! .....and like 8 others ahaha. ^_^ and won advanced in Aquatic Horticulture. Best of all we got money for it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Congrats,how much money did you win?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I had a 40g on the porch with two dormant goldfish from our pond in it...well it froze pretty hard around here for about a week, The back of the tank shattered with out me noticing until the water was about 2 inches deep as it thawed.

Figured they were goners..my chocolate fantail and my 6 inch calico subukin...went out to get the dog bowel the other day and glanced at the tank o_O both on there sides in half frozen muck breathing!...now they are in a bucket until i can go get a plastic tote for them.
Kinda sad. I know you felt for them though

Congrats on your awards

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store