Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
yea I haven't taken any pictures yet but I will.

looking at his car you'd never know it was hit. i'm gonna ask him to show me the leak.

right now he's busy working on my yard

he's a cool guy, he's actually my brother's next door neighbor. he's the one that did the pavement in my backyard earlier in the year

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Hey sumo, your lucky, I did the same thing to my girlfriends moms car driving my own moms car when I was 16 :/ hahaha

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
now he says his car is leaking water and you can't see it but when you examine closer his bumper is shifted slightly. you can't see it until you look at the screws.............
that sounds like he already plans on insurance repairing things, and not only a bumper.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
yea he was saying he hopes it's not the condenser or something like that. something with the ac

buffalo, how did that turn out?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
from a distance you don't really notice
Van1.jpg

the red circle is the bumper damage, the yellow circle is the damaged signal light and the green circle shows more bumper damage
IMG_1070.JPG

in the picture above, the yellow circle shows a little more gap between the tail light on the back door and the signal light on the side. the picture below shows no gap
IMG_1068.JPG

just a close up of the bumper. when you're right there the damage is of course very obvious but from a distance not so much
IMG_1071.JPG

Van1.jpg

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Literally almost the same situation but it was an equinox and an explorer, and caused by skidding on some black ice

Bumper on the equinox was shifted like that, the insurance covered a new bumper for it (not sure if it was totally needed or not) and i managed to get the dent out of the explorer w/ a toilet plunger haha

I went and hid in the garage for a little before telling everyone.. think I went through a half pack of smokes in about 10 minutes

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
yea he was saying he hopes it's not the condenser or something like that. something with the ac
HMmmmmm. sounds like he already knows what's jacked up under his hood, and next summer his ac will be working ;-)
Although your cars' body caved in & cushioned the impact on his big truck.
"That's what insurance is for. it won't come out of Sumo's pocket".
I've been disappointed by seeing "really nice" people make other peoples' insurances pay for previous injuries.
but who knows, maybe your car really did wreck more than meets the eye. I'd just be more likely to believe it if your van was more heavy metal.
get pics of HIS vehicle, more than yours. and under the hood where it "now is leaking".

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
he showed me where it was leaking. I definitely see water slowly dripping. maybe a drop every 2-3 seconds

I can't get a pic of the underside of his car, it's been drizzling outside

but here is his car, really no damage

IMG_1073.JPG

these marks were already there and not caused by me
Truck1.jpg

this crack is the only thing I can see with a quick look that was caused by me and you see white paint from my van on his bumper
Truck2.jpg

IMG_1073.JPG

Truck1.jpg

Truck2.jpg

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
dang sumo, you're on top of this.
I don't see how your hit could cause damage under his hood without EVEN busting in his much more fragile headlights first.
the old marks are on his auto body... much more jarring.
but the insurance company will decide. just be thankful no personal injury. anything else is easy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store