Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Best thing to do ime (going through this with my grandad) is be there when she needs you, space when she needs it, help with chores and a big mug of tea...

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Well, you can't tell a person how to grieve. You just have to be there.
This

Personally, working would also be good for me since you've got your mind on other things as far as possible in this situation.
yes

Best thing to do ime (going through this with my grandad) is be there when she needs you, space when she needs it, help with chores and a big mug of tea...
and yes

thanks again guys

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Last weekend, a mass was found on my father-in-law's pancreas. FYI: pancreatic cancer is one of the dealiest. They still need to biopsy it to verify what kind of mass it is. My wife was a kinda mess last weekend, as you probably can imagine.

Condolescences to you and yours Sumo.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Damn, my mother in law just passed.

We've been expecting it and I'm worried about my wife. She doesn't wanna come home. she told me not to tell anyone just yet but I guess my mfk family is different. anyways, she wants to keep working. and she has class later tonight.

She's has 2 jobs (one full time, one part time) and she's going to school.

She's an amazing woman. For those who are in the faith, pray for my wife and her family. Greatly appreciated.
sorry for your loss, sumo. you got it.
daughters' loss of mother is a unique beast. Long time of both expected occasions, and terribly unexpected grief hits. even when the moms' passing was expected.
doesn't magically lessen after the one year mark.

Well, you can't tell a person how to grieve. You just have to be there.
True.
I wasn't even any good at telling myself how to do it.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Sorry to hear...we are at the age where we are starting to lose people we though would always be there for us. Your family is in my prayers.
That age was 8 for me. Prob why i hate all of you
dad died when I was 4. so, kinda know what you mean.
I could say "if she lived until you were old enough to have known that she had, in some way, failed you before that- at least it's some sense of reality for a kid to be left with."
but I would never do that to you Eddie.
:-{
every way, always sucks.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
uploadfromtaptalk1395354160718.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395354182240.jpg
Anyone ever seen these marks before?

Sent from my LG-D500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com