My channas

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Hey Auranti,
Are you using an external flash? I'm thinking about purchasing one. I'm not getting enough light to go with a fast shutter speed for the action shots. What shutter speed and f-stop are these taken at?

Great photos as always. :thumbsup:

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Hey Auranti,
Are you using an external flash? I'm thinking about purchasing one. I'm not getting enough light to go with a fast shutter speed for the action shots. What shutter speed and f-stop are these taken at?

Great photos as always. :thumbsup:
Hi, thanks bottles :). Yes i am using an external flash. I usually try to keep an aperture of f/8 - f/11 for a nice DOF. The action shots are usually shot at a shutter speed of 1/250 and above i think. This speed should be fast enough to shoot the fast channas and yet be sharp. But u can play around with the ISO as well to see what suits you best. Hope it helps :).

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
:) i did not say you shot Pulchras...

You shot some awesome Ornatipinnis. And, comparing your Ornat shots to my real Pulchras, i now wonder when, up to now, i had no hesitation as to which i liked most.

You showed me with your shots the real beauty in ornatipinnis. Is what i meant, anyway :)

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Hi, thanks bottles :). Yes i am using an external flash. I usually try to keep an aperture of f/8 - f/11 for a nice DOF. The action shots are usually shot at a shutter speed of 1/250 and above i think. This speed should be fast enough to shoot the fast channas and yet be sharp. But u can play around with the ISO as well to see what suits you best. Hope it helps :).
That's very good info. I'm still fairly new to photography.
Thank you.

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
:) i did not say you shot Pulchras...

You shot some awesome Ornatipinnis. And, comparing your Ornat shots to my real Pulchras, i now wonder when, up to now, i had no hesitation as to which i liked most.

You showed me with your shots the real beauty in ornatipinnis. Is what i meant, anyway :)
Oh sorry! Misread that haha. Thank again though, really means alot to me when i can show their true beauty :).

That's very good info. I'm still fairly new to photography.
Thank you.
No problem, keep experimenting, its fun :). Good luck!

KarthikC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
India
Nice shots and amazing tank layout. :)

Cheers,

Karthik

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store