Twonvito

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2015
New York City
www.brooklynaquatics.com
What exactly prompted you to add the API
Any chance , there was a power outage for a long time, shutting the areation off.
What did you feed them , before this happened
I did a water change 9 days ago. I didn't add any solution when I did the 70 % water change. I was only running one filter at the time because I had to clean the others. I was running all my filters when I added the AP. My water was smiling a lil foul before then. I havenot feed my fish since Tuesday.

MonsterFishCreeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2015
Md
So this was a new tank before adding the fish and quick start? I definitely don't have faith in any of the bacteria in a bottle stuff that's stored at ambient temperature for long periods.

Reactions: Twonvito and ehh

MonsterFishCreeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2015
Md
Yeah I haven't really seen anything 100% conclusive saying that any bottled product can safely replace a proper tank cycling.

OP you should monitor your water parameters carefully. I'm assuming what you're seeing here is a bad ammonia or nitrite spike. Forget the instructions on the dumb API stuff. Do a large water change ASAP and check your water parameters or your other fish will probably be dead soon. If possible, secure some cycled media from someone and have all your filters on. When you clean a filter sponge all you want to be doing is squeezing it out in tank water or dechlorinated tap water otherwise it kills all the bacteria in the filter.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Twonvito

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2015
New York City
www.brooklynaquatics.com
Yeah I haven't really seen anything 100% conclusive saying that any bottled product can safely replace a proper tank cycling.

OP you should monitor your water parameters carefully. I'm assuming what you're seeing here is a bad ammonia or nitrite spike. Forget the instructions on the dumb API stuff. Do a large water change ASAP and check you're water parameters or your other fish will probably be dead soon. If possible, secure some cycled media from someone and have all your filters on. When you clean a filter sponge all you want to be doing is squeezing it out in tank water or dechlorinated tap water otherwise it kills all the bacteria in the filter.
Right now the tank is empty. So, that is the plan to have a major water change ans change the filters again. I did have a 5 survivors now in another tank

Twonvito

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2015
New York City
www.brooklynaquatics.com
I can tell you all my lesson is learned and once I start this tank over I will have to restock it. Its difficult because my kids were attached to fish in that tank and not no other tank, but I explained it to them.

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
So I've been watching this since this morning and I'm a little confused... So it sounds like It was an up and running tank. You did a large water change and didn't add "solution". What is this solution? chlorine remover? Also why add quick start? My basic understanding of it is that its a tank "jump start" chemical, which since your tank was seemingly established I'm confused to why?

Reactions: Frank Castle

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
I just got home to find the 2 surviving Freddy's died and 1 honduran red point died..smh I don't know if the other 2 honduran red points will make it. I move them to an establish tank. They dropping like flies.
That is bad and sad ...looks like a complete washout....you will have to restart.. Tough luck for the past and very best for the future

Reactions: Twonvito
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store