Twonvito

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2015
New York City
www.brooklynaquatics.com
So I've been watching this since this morning and I'm a little confused... So it sounds like It was an up and running tank. You did a large water change and didn't add "solution". What is this solution? chlorine remover? Also why add quick start? My basic understanding of it is that its a tank "jump start" chemical, which since your tank was seemingly established I'm confused to why?
When did my water change I did it because I had a brown algae bloom. So I did a thorough cleaning so I only added in because I took all the established media out put new everything. So when I got API I used it for just that.

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
I'm so sorry, technology doesn't like me today... But that's your problem right there. If you removed all the established bio-media then you had little BB (beneficial bacteria) in your tank and basically restarted the tank cycling.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
quick start does not cycle your tank... for you to use quick start means that tank is uncycled and you want to cycle it. its not a dosing chemical like seachem stability.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store